Do you think I'll ever (when?) be able to marry my love?

I'm from Italy, I'm almost 18 years old and I wonder if I'll ever be able to marry my girlfriend and love of my life in future. What do you think? What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Gay marriage is becoming I widely more accepted thing these days. To me, I feel as long as you're happy then you should be able to marry who you want. So why not? If you're happy with her I say go for it!

What Guys Said 6

• I think its pretty goddamn early for you to call someone "the love of your life", when you're not even 18 yet. Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if gay marriage would be legalized in the next 10 years in pretty much all first world countries, so hang in there.

• I didn't call her the love of my life... I talked about the love of my life of future... don't know if she's gonna be it or not:)

• Maybe it'll become legal there someday. You can still live with them or if marriage itself is something you truly desire maybe move to a country that allows it.

• Well you are very young and plus why do you have this concern? like there is a reason for the same or just some thought that comes to your mind

• No I just see that people here don't want people like me to marry... so I'm kinda about to lose hope. You know, people always told me that my wedding day will be the happiest day of my life. And I believed in it, because Love is what I care about the most, it's more important for me than my career, hobbies or social connections. I always thought that marrying somebody I love is going to be the biggest thing I do, so it's kinda depressing, when after decades, you find out that it's maybe never gonna happen, because some strangers think it's weird.

• Okay, what I am trying to say was from your explanation I can see that you seem to believe totally in love, and love marriage. Yes, but you know some people are meant to be in love but are not meant to be together, yes things like that can also happen, so I can understand your concern. You know it can happen that you both are doing the right thing and yet due to circumstances and other factors you may not get married, so it can happen like that.

That's what I wanted to say. I am just saying.

• Why not meant to be together? With who am I meant to be together then? Isn't that the most important factor in a relationship? Love?

• Is gay marriage not legal in Italy?

• hahah, no people here are not that modern yet. :) And Italy is also the "state of church" because it's where the pope lives... and you know what the MOST christians say about it...

• Well eventually I hope Italy shed itself of such religiousness. You ought to be able to marry who you love regardless of their gender.

• Nope.. you won't.

• You shouldn't marry a woman... dumb Italian

• Just. Stop...

• Most of my female friends are not lesbians. And never will be. ... all men are gay.

• ha ha ha...

What Girls Said 0