Guys, would you be comfortable with your wife being a paid surrogate?

Apparently women who have a surrogate pregnancy make upwards of $30,000 plus financial coverage of medical bills, maternity clothes, etc. Heck, I would do it right now if they'd let me, but they require surrogates to have had at least one healthy birth before.

So I'm thinking after I get married and finish having my own children, I'd do the surrogate thing once or twice. Start a college fund for my kids or something. So would you be okay with your wife renting out her uterus for 30 grand?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I'd be ok with it, because of the emotional stress that it would put her through. The only way I'd ever give it serious consideration is if we were experiencing financial problem and all other options had been exhausted.

What Guys Said 6

• No. Pregnancy does a lot to a woman. Whether or not she had good reasons I would not want her to be a surrogate simply because pregnancy can massively change the dynamics of a relationship and even the physical health of the woman.

It's not worth the money to me. I would rather have the same wife I married and love and not risk anything changing.

• Lol I don't like the sound of renting out my wife's uterus
    But I would allow her to do it for free if she wants to do it just to help someone

• But you wouldn't want her to get paid for it? May I ask why?

• Because pregnancy is WAY harder than it looks. Putting your body through hell for 9 months and then going through the pain of childbirth? I'm a pretty generous person, but I don't think I could put myself through all that just for charity.

• Well I won't let her take money for it
      So its her call, don't do or no payment

• That's kind of messed up yo it sounds like something a single mom might do for cash. 30 grand is quite abit of money though but sharing your wife with another guy is one thing and that's iffy but letting her have someone elses kid I don't know about that

• You understand that she doesn't actually have sexual relations with another guy, right? She either receives an already-fertilized egg from an infertile couple, or she's artificially inseminated with the sperm of a man who wants to be a single dad (or perhaps a homosexual couple who wants a child).

• I guess, if we need the money and she is comfortable. I mean, she's not like cheating on me

• no because i doubt I'd get to claim ownership to the baby, like as a personal butler or something

• What do you mean by ownership?

• Modern marriage is shit. Why would I marry a woman like you anyway? Fucking surrogate... go to the brothel where you belong

• Surrogacy is a wonderful thing you can do to help an infertile couple have a biological child. :)

• I could care less I'm not getting married anyway...