Would you date a guy who is living with his ex?

My x and I own a house together. We live in separate rooms and don't share showers, bathrooms, cars, closets, etc. Oh, we share the kitchen. We own the house together. My "girl" friends are trying to hook me up, but say that I need to move out first. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Great question. I went out on one date with a guy in your exact scenario and his living situation is the reason why I am not interested in dating him. I would say, don't look forward to meeting any quality women until you move out first. I would add that it would be fair for you to not even try to engage some woman into dating you now. You can't even offer her your personal space right now because there is another woman living within.

What Girls Said 2

• No I wouldn't. That's just asking for trouble.

• Of course not. Sell your share to your ex and buy or rent your own place before dating someone else.

• But it this way, would you date a girl that was living with her ex? This would just be causing problem so I would fine your own place

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know many girls that would be comfortable with that. They are just going to ask why is it necessary. Move in with a buddy, you'll have fun. Or get your own place, it will show you are independent and responsible.

Besides, how awkward will it be bringing a girl home. It'll be like living with your parents but worse for her.

• In my opinion, no girl in this world would feel comfortable with his boyfriend living with his ex in a same house, I mean could the guy be lying and trying to date someone else while having a girlfriend? If one day the guy and the ex is drunk what could happen? Etc.