How often should couples have sex?

Me and my husband have been married for almost a month. We're having our first child in March. We haven had sex since we were married. How often should we do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Forgive me if this is a stupid question but shouldn't you restrain from sex a bit if you're pregnant?

• There's normally no reason to refrain from sex during pregnancy.

• Ah, I don't know much on the ways of pregnancy beyond the development and what not to eat so I'm a bit useless. I have heard of couples having sex to try and make the water break when the time comes though, but that's all. Thanks for the info!

Most Helpful Guy

• Frequent sex, a few times a week, within healthy relationships, has been scientifically proven to carry a plethura of health benefits, including stress relief, fat loss, and immune system boost. I would point you to a few articles:

"The Hidden Health Benefits of Sex." Women's Health. N. p., n. d. Web. 19 Nov. 2015.

Feature, Kara Mayer RobinsonWebMD. "10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex." WebMD. WebMD, n. d. Web. 19 Nov. 2015.

If it's not an imposition, and both your schedules permit, it's not a bad idea, (nor a typically unpopular one) to commit to intercourse rather frequently.

What Girls Said 1

• Uh... maybe it's just my sex drive speaking but I'd be aiming for daily.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think there is an exact number that applies here. But for me the more often the happier I am. Soooooo

• As often as is mutually satisfying. Your husband may be afraid to have sex with you due to concerns about the baby. I know I was.

• Whenever the wind picks up.

• often. Its supposed to be fun

• At least 2 times a week keeps the man feeling like a man

• as long you feels Horney darling

• as much as they want : )

• At that point my wife and I had sex almost daily. These days it's more like 3 - 5 times a week. I cannot imagine a married couple of your age not having sex for a month.

Why are you two not sexually active right now?

• Enough to keep the bills paid and relative peace in the relationship. If you actually love each other, then you can just be natural...