Do you think wedding must be in a church?

Do you think wedding must be in a church? or not

• yes wedding must be in a church
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• i guess the belief that it should be in a church follows the idea that you should get married in teh eyes of God; however, if you follow the Bible there is passage that says where 3 or more (or some number like that) gather in my name i will be present. therefore even a religious person should be able to rationalize that God is wherever a gathering of people are.

So i don't think, and i'm not religious, that a wedding must be in a church... although i do know that Catholics have to marry in a Catholic church

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• I have been to over 20 weddings in the last 5 years and I have to say the religious ones are so damn boring. Hell the guy at my cousins wedding a few months ago spend a good 15 minutes at least talking about ducks!

• Ducks? Explain?

• Water foul are also known to be gay/lesbian lol probably not the best animal to go to when giving a speech in a church.

I was under the impression that the people who spoke at weddings like, prepared stuff to say haha

When I get married I will now be sure to verify that everyone knows what they're saying so nothing random comes out lol

• @Prettygurl12 I am sure he did prepare for it, he had notes and did not stutter or anything. Still a really dumb thing to compare to the catholic ideal of what a marriage should be. Hell when I get married we are going to have a quick ceremony and a bounce house.

• Nah I don't think it has to. I'm not religious so where would I get legally married in that kind of world? I'm not sure I ever do want to get married but it's a possibility.

• Not necessarily I mean people get married in all sorts of places but I'll only get married in a church and only by a ordained minister or preacher, I'd like to get married in my uncles church personally.

• A wedding can be held wherever they couple pleases. Churches are convenient as they are built and designed for assembly halls for such occasions. That's about it.

• No it doesn't, you do get a lot of people who like and want traditional weddings in churches. Then you get loads of people who like and want an untraditional wedding.

• Location does not matter. All that matter is that a legal person of legal and /or religious authority should be present.

I am not Christian but I think the same principles apply.

In case you are getting married, Congratulations and best wishes.

• No I'd honestly prefer to do it differently, not by the book

• I'm not religious at all so no

• its really up to you, its more traditional to do the church. my neighbors got married on my street by the way

• Fuck NOOOO

• it should be depend on bride & groom

• Nope, not if you are an atheist, agnostic, or believer of some non-christian religion.

What Girls Said 11

• Nope, I'd love to have a wedding on the beach or smth ♡

• Umm No, simply because I'm not Christian... I wouldn't even get married in a Mosque ( I don't think we do that? O. o)

• Weddings can be wherever u want them to be. It doesn't have to be in a church unless you want something traditional

• Only if you're both religious.

• if I ever get married it will definitely NOT be in a church

• i know my religion requires it
    but i wouldn't want to get married in a church
    i'd rather have it outside or at the courthouse

• Nah, do it wherever you want.
    I prefer/want mine to be in a mosque.

• By law? No

• considering not everyone is christian, i don't think they have to be in churches.

• Nope. People have weddings anywhere.

• No!!
    If I wanted to get married it wouldn't be in a church