Is sex so important for a relation?

in my view, I value the basic function of marriage, a companionship throughout a life. so trying to be friends and living together harmoniously is the way out. other things seem not important.

Most Helpful Guy

• My feeling is if you have someone who is always there for you and lives with you is a roommate/best friend. A marriage needs to have those things but you should to have that physical/sexual attraction.

But I will admit that the level of sexual encounters during the marriage will vary depending on the people involved. It may not be AS important to people but it's important nonetheless.

Most Helpful Girl

• For some, sex isn't important. There are asexual people that are in healthy, long-term, committed relationships... obviously minus the sex. (But that's also because their partner is either also asexual, or they are okay with their partner fulfilling that sexual desire outside of the relationship.)

For me, personally, I place equal importance on sex as I do the companionship, friendship, trust, harmonious living, etc.

What Guys Said 8

• In my view. No, it's not important at all, I don't know why people give so much of importance to this, yes agreed it is one of factors and it's one way to make love to the other, but that's not the only way. Hence for me "sex" is not important at all. People can have long term committed and happy relationships even without giving importance to having sex.

However there is a point, now if one person in a relationship doesn't believe or never wants sex while the other gives importance to "sex", then it will be a problem, so the point is for a relationship to flourish without "sex" in it, what is important is that both people should never want to have sex, both partners should be such who don't have any desire or don't believe in sex then it will work otherwise it will be very difficult.

Now, I am an asexual, so this is just my view.

• In all honesty , yes sex is importiant in a healthy relationship. While I wouldn't base a relationship solely on sex tho.

• i was married for 22 years, I would rate it in the top 5 important things, but, not top 3

• No it is not important, but it is appreciated.

• Yes it is very

• yes lol yes

• You sound like most married women.

With that attitude you will not be married for long.

• Sex is pretty high on the list for me

What Girls Said 2

• For you, it may not be important, but I would have sex every day if I could. We're just different.

• No sex isn't essential for a relationship rather any relationship based on sex is bound to fail