Guys, what is your stance on a woman taking her husband's last name?

If you got married, would you expect you your new wife to take your last name? Would you be willing to take hers instead?

• I would want her to take my last name.
    50% (14)
  • I would want us to hyphenate our last names together.
    4% (1)
  • I would want to take her last name instead of her taking mine.
    7% (2)
  • It doesn't matter to me; however she wants to do it is fine.
    36% (10)
  • Other/Results
    3% (1)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd go with whichever one sounded better. Really we should all have names which describe us like 'Sitsonthesofaalldaywatchingnetflix' or 'Buttcrackshowswhenhekneelsdown'

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• My stance? well, what's wrong in that? I mean I suppose that's a choice of that woman, if she doesn't mind doing that then it's fine. I don't see anything wrong with a woman wanting to take the husbands last name.

0|0
    0|0
  • she takes the last name or we dont get married.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're serious? You wouldn't get married over her not wanting to give up her last name?

• Show All
    • In what way is not taking your last name a lack of commitment? Couldn't she say the exact same thing about you for not taking HER last name?

• well go on about your life i already put my two cents in. lots of men agree with me

• My last name is a bit naff. I'd probably take hers if it was cool and easy to spell.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am sorry but I am the end of my family name. So I would prefer her to take my name, but if she wishes not to I am totally up for hyphenating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't change my name for someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you expect her to change hers for you then? Or just both keep your own--I forgot to have that as an option.

• She can do whatever she wants, I think changing your name for someone is stupid.

• Whatever she wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what she chooses to do

0|0
    0|0
  • gone with majority

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely I'd expect her to

0|0
    0|0
  • The hyphenated would be cool, but doesn't really matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • wearing the wedding ring is enough for me

0|0
    0|0