When is the best age to marry (for you)?

Long story short, my friend just got married!
The thing is she's 19 and now a lot of people are kind of shocked as she hadn't told anyone in advance so it was quite a surprise and many of my other friends said they think it's too early.

That made me curious as to what people in general think a good age to marry would be :D

When did you or would you wanna get married & what do you think is the best age to marry in general?
If you don't wanna get married, just let me know about the general part :)

👫 👬 👭

• I think the best age to get married is..
  • I got married at..
  • Whenever you meet the right person and feel ready!

Most Helpful Guy

• Married at 32. I prayed for the RIGHT Women first and I made a list of qualities I wanted. I'm a Christian Man, so I wanted a Women that was Christian. My prayers were answered... and she was a Sunday School Teacher. You have to have your values/beliefs in order FIRST. Second, don't marry someone with debts! They need to have a Job and savings. Financial problems are the #1 cause of divorce.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there a specific age to get married at.. I, mean, if u meet the right person and you guys are happy together and the situation actually allowed to arrange the marriage... Then... What are you waiting for !! 😆 .. So as long as u r SURE its the person u want to be with forever ( that's how I PERSONALLY see marriage, its forever ) and u can get married at that time, so I don't really see why a person would keep waiting if he/she really loves their partner... What do YOU think about it? 😄

• I think similarly, though I personally would wanna make sure I have my career settled and am financially stable (marriages are expensive! :D) first.
      If I meet the right person earlier than that - say in University (which oddly seems a place where a lot of people find their perfect match ;P ) - then I'm sure they can wait a little longer, too. I wouldn't wanna wait too long but also not rush into it either.
      And although I actually would like to marry someday but it's not an absolute must for me - like if my partner wouldn't like to marry I wouldn't wanna force them into it.

• Yes, let's hope we'll find 'the one'! :D :)

• Hahah yes 😄

What Guys Said 9

• "C" for me... but I think it needs a couple of years to know if it's the right person, and I don't know if that's the case with her if she is only 19. And it's a phase of your life where a couple of things change...
    I don't think there is a best age, but having finished education and work is probably a good thing before you think about marriage

• I never want to get married and so there is no best age for me.

• well what do you think is a good age for people in general?

• Okay, I thought you were asking me. Sorry.

• Yes, for people in general I would say anywhere between 29-33 years of age should be the ideal age for marriage, because by that time they would have settled in their respective careers so they would be financially stable as well.

• 19 is ridiculously too soon in my opinion. I don't plan on getting married until around 35. I don't have a biological clock, so im in no rush

• Actually I think around 30 is good – like at least I hope I'll be more settled in life than I am now :D

• but then again, its hard for me to believe that a southern American would leave her hyper conservative oasis for a liberal dreamland like luxembourg, so i really have no idea

• 1) there's the will to get married when you with the right person
    2) Then there's the practical considerations like finances kid cost money etc

people start of with 1 and actually get married when 2 falls in place for most people its at late 20`s -mid 30`s

• For me, never.

For others? Although it's really not my call to make, I'd say around 28-30 or after a 6 year relationship (after highschool) which ever comes first. At least at that age you know more of what you want, should be established, and have a bit more worldly experience.

• It's not in the cards for me but wish it would be.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnDXRJ7btE

• The MOMENT you can place something bigger than yourself in front of you, that it becomes the foreground of your life; so much so that he/she live their principles no matter what, whether others do or not. Than you are ready for marriage, it comes with no age as people mature at different ages due to their environment and culture. The foundation of marriage is love and love can only be felt from the inside, so each person their own. congrats to our friend

.

• I don't think I will get married actually although I am saving sex for marriage 😂😂😂

• Lol so virgin forever?

Well what do you think is a good age to marry in general?

• lol okay, if you will actually stay a virgin forever and I still know you in 50 years time, I'll be so proud of you for the self control haha ;D

• Yep super powers 😏 😉😂😂

• I get married when I'm ready to be married, not by age

What Girls Said 7

• For me? Oh gosh, I don't even wanna think about it, it's too real for me to handle. 🙈 I'm not ready to get married and definitely won't be anytime soon. But I would like to get married eventually, only if it's with the right person, my soulmate and I'm 100% positive I'm doing the right thing. I guess my ideal age to take that massive step would be around the age of 30, not much earlier than that. Before settling down like that, I wanna enjoy life as much as possible. Marriage kind of scares me, but I think I'll warm up to it with time.

I'm almost 19, and that's crazy, I would never agree to get married this young, but I guess it depends on the person. Some are ready earlier than others. People can do what they want, whatever makes them happy, I just hope it's with the right person, that's the thing that matters the most here. I hope your friend made the decision she won't regret later. 💍👰💒

• I think sometime in the late 20's to early 30's is a great time to get married (27 to 33).
    Generally, it's the time when you have settled down, you're financially stable, and probably live on your own. Marriage takes a bit time, you have to find the right person and you have to have your life put together meaning you should be done with college and have a job.

• I think 30 - 32 are the best ages to get married.

• I'd like to get married when I'm around 24

• Oh you, that day I get married...

• For girls 20-25.

Guys... I don't know 25-33?

• In general 20-29 would be a good age.. But for me, never.