Do you think this is wrong?

Me and my husband have been married for 3 years we have a son who is also 3. My husband told me that we should take a break from each other for a while. We're just not getting along very well right now. I don't know to tell our son. He keeps asking why is his dad leaving. I just don't know how to tell him and I hate to. Is it wrong for us to take a break from each other when we have a kid?

Most Helpful Girl

• If the break is for the betterment of the relationship then no, it's not wrong. Your son might complicate things a little but I'm pretty sure that in the long run he'll benefit from it more, even if he's a little sad to see his dad leave for a while. I do agree with shadowlegend on one thing though, which is getting couples counseling. Once you're off the break, you definitely should get some professional help. And be honest with your kid. Tell him that you and his father need some time off from each other to cool down, and that you'll be together soon again.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it is. Get couples counselling or something. You are married AND you have a child, you don't "take a break" from your marriage and family, you both have an obligation to resolve the issues together, and not traumatize your child by separating, if you haven't exhausted all other options. Your husband is being immature and selfish to behave that way.

• Of course lady! He doesn't have to go to war so that he leaves you! I don't know why couples even marry if they are not committed.

• "Because dad is a dickhead who promised to stay with us forever but now living the first difficulties is leaving you and mummy". Marriage is an important thing and with a kid it's even more important, you guys should make an effort because I think you're old enough in order to understand your duties

What Guys Said 5

• Your husband is being selfish, the moment you two brought a child into the equation it's about him now, not you guys.

• It's good to spend time apart once in awhile but make sure you rekindle the flame when you see each other again

• No it's not wrong at all, parents who stay together because they thing is the best think for their kids are actually doing more damage than good.

• No sometimes it can help your relationship re ignite

• if anything, your son'll blame himself...