If my husband is naturally unattractive, what are the odds (or percentage) our children will be coming out the same way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just want to preface this by saying I have no idea what im talking about so take it with a grain of salt.

I think if you have two parents with symmetrical faces then there's a higher chance that the child will also have a symmetrical face.

However symmetry isn't the end all be all. For example you could have two good looking parents but lets say the child is a girl and she inherits her fathers chin and mothers nose. Now her fathers chin look good on her father and her mothers nose looks good on her mother but paired together they look bad. So it kinda depends on which features your child inherits and how they mesh together.

Its possible for two good looking parents to have a not so good looking child, but its also possible for two average looking parents to have a great looking child.

With two legetimately ugly people, I think its unlikely that they will have a good looking child

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're ugly too, I hear that 2 ugly parents make cute babies. But if you're not ugly, than I don't know. But does it matter? Would you love your kid less?

• If ever an ugly baby "pops" out of your body, you'll understand what I'm saying...

• I'm never having kids. I despise humanity and want it to die out.

Even so, I wouldn't hate an ugly child, because being ugly isn't a bad thing. And it's not something they can control. It'd be my fault for passing my ugly genes, not the child.

• Well said, and blame God for humanity, that his little pet-project gone horribly wrong.

What Guys Said 15

• That's difficult to say, looks are based on genetics, it's still possible that your children can grow up to be cute or good looking, yes some features will be inherited from your husband but it can also happen that your children might inherit more features from you or your side and turn out to be handsome/beautiful.

• My gawd... Really?
    Divorce him if it's such a concern on the procreation front... There's a 50/50 chance your child will be cute depending on who's genes are more dominate.
    My ex-wife was not so cute, but I am... Our daughter luckily inherited my cute genes... The truth is there is no way to tell, but what's important is that you are willing to love your child ugly or cute... Otherwise just divorce him.
    I presume your with him for the money?

• The percentage lol... there's no way for anyone to tell what genes will go into your baby.. it is what it is

• well, cristiano ronaldo is naturally unattractive but made himself a greek god with plastic surgery,
    funblogging.net/.../...ter-Cosmetic-Surgery-10.jpg
    however his son turned out to not look good because dna ain't plastic lol

• Why did you marry someone you weren't attracted to?

• Why would you marry someone you aren't physically attracted to in the first place?

• Your children will inherit traits of his. That could include his bad traits. It's a risk. But the question is: are you not willing to take the risk?

• you should research genetics a little bit because some of the features are dominant and some are recessive. Dominant hereditary features or traits need only one set of chromosomes , from one parent only in order to show in offspring, while recessive features need identical chromosomes from both parents in order to show in offspring.

• It's almost impossible to tell. Sometimes good-looking people come from ugly people, and sometimes ugly people come from good-looking people. I'm no expert, and neither is anyone on here most likely. Talk to a genetic counselor; they might know.

• Analyse your phenotypes (physical characteristics), determine if they are prominent, recessive or both and apply it to a punnet square. Google it

• Wow you are so shallow!!

• 42%

They have a slight edge.

• Haha that's fun

• Wow. You need serious help. I feel sorry for your husband. I bet you cheat on him don't you?

• My guess is that he's either really rich or really well endowed. Does he know that you think he's ugly? SMDH...

What Girls Said 11

• Some ugly people have beautiful kids. Funny how the world works. But don't you think you'll think you're kids are beautiful no matter what they'll look like? And why are you with someone you're not attracted to? :/

• "Unattractive" is perception, but, it's 50/50 chance they will look like you or him. You can't force it to go either way. Genetics don't work like that.

• You'd be surprised, a lot of couples who are not SO attractive have very attractive children, and the hottest couple their child could be the total opposite lol, I don't know it's all about the guessing game.

• Depends on whose genes are more dominant - i. e. will show...

• I find this question funny haha anyway no one can tell but since the parents are two, there is 50% that your children will be coming out the same way

• Well I have seen some really attractive people produce some not-so-attractive kids and I have also seen unattractive people having really good looking off springs so...

• if you are not physically attracted to someone, why did you get married?

• LOL!! 😂😂😂
    You know how many ugly people have cute kids.

• variable
    genetics is a lottery after all

• Fun tip: Don't marry someone you find unattractive.

• 99.99999999999999999999999999999991