Do you want to get married?

Let's take a comparison pole shall we?
in comparison of men to women.
Who wants to get married?
Who does not?

• Men, who want to get married.
  • Women, who want to get married.
  • Men, who do NOT want to get married.
  • Women, who do NOT want to get married.
  • Undecided.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never felt the need to or even been interested in it but when my boyfriend proposed I said yes without hesitating. I think if you meet someone you want to spend the rest of your life with a lot will change, as well as your view on certain things.

I voted b.

How about you? :)

• Personally, I don't really see the benefits of getting married if you're a man. This day and age it's seems to risky. But I guess you just really have to know the person you're marrying or considering marrying. But my take is there's just too much room for failure. It's like a business agreement. You sign a contract expecting the other person to remain by your side till the end of time. However if that person begins to drift off and or cheat. They're violating the rules of the contract. Which is punishable in a court room. But here's the catch, courts do not favor men in general. So, if I was to marry a woman and I came home early caught her cheating. She hands me the divorce papers. I have to move out and await a trial that takes most of everything I've worked for. Even though I paid for the house, paid for the car, paid for her way. No thanks marriage is corrupt these days. The chances of making it last 50 to 60 years like my grandparents did is not possible.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have said yes if the legal system wasn't so sexist towards men. Marriage benefits women, especially a nice divorce, women stand to earn a lot from a divorce and men lose almost everything.

I will make it clear to my next girlfriend that I have no intentions of ever marrying her.

• Prenuptual's exist you know?

• I think too much pressure is placed on making a marriage work and if it doesn't, it's a failure. You have to split everything, there may be kids etc but I know people who had all that without a piece of paper and it was just as hard :/ I think splitting up is hard no matter what your legal standing

• @Blonde401 Yes, perhaps you are right.

What Girls Said 12

• No. That piece of paper that your vows are written on is not worth the trouble.

• I would like to get married someday. I see at as sort of taking the next step, or shall I say, sealing the deal completely.

• I don't want the big white dress or the church. I would love to elope with someone who loves me and can't live without me. Just the two of us, I think that's really romantic. I don't feel marriage is about pomp and ceremony but a promise. I also doubt I'll ever get married though unfortunately :/

• Exactly, marriage should never be about the glamorous ceremony, cakes, rings, etc.
      marriage should be a bond between you and the one that you love. However, it's just not the way it was 40 to 50 years ago. 50% of all marriages fail these days. It's a risky investment but if you can make it work in your favor than there something to be said about a truly happily married couple.

• I would only marry someone I thought was right for me, I wouldn't marry for the sake of getting married because like I said above, I doubt it will ever happen anyway.

But a the same time I don't think a marriage or a relationship ending is a failure. Sometimes things just end.

• omg yes, yes i do.

• Nah, not really. Not now anyway. If I did, I would want to elope. Kind of a spur of the moment kind of deal. He'd have to be super cool and by that I mean, we'd have separate bedrooms. Yes, lotsa sex but I prefer sleeping alone. That's my only requirement if it were to happen. Weird? Maybe. But I think morning breath, sleeping habits that differ and lack of space would kill the romantical vibes for me lol!

• i would like to... one day

• Yes, one day, with the right person.

• Yeeeeees 🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻 I do, I would love to get married, when I find love, 💏👰🏻💍

• I'd love to be married 😊

• Yes, I do.✔

• Yeah someday.

• Undecided 😐

What Guys Said 13

• A... A!!! I want to get married Just the thought of it makes me wanna... funny-pictures-blog.com/.../How-i-dance.gif

• No, I never want to get married.

• I think anyone who does is a retard

• I don't believe in marriage and nor does my SO

• It's really the main and only reason I court to begin with.

• I'd like to get married one day.

• Of course i do. Number 1 goal of my life, actually.

• Marriage is giving more than I'm getting, so I do not want to.

• Hmm, would you care to elaborate? I think I see what you're saying but for the other guys in here, can you elaborate?

• I'm giving up so many things that in my eyes are more important than "love". My house, my car, my money, my freedom.

• I want to get married
    Hope she is the girl I love now

• Marriage is dumb and useless.

• Yes yes for men it is useless. In the event of divorce, which according to statistics half of all marriages fail, as a man you will lose half of everything you've worked for.
      Think about it as if you we're a professional sports player you make a significant amount of money. You find a girl (because hey you have a lot of money) and then you marry her. A year later she wants a divorce. So she takes half of everything that used to be yours, AND, you have to pay her alimony. If you have kids with her, she gets full custody and you have to pay child support. No thanks man, I think that's why a lot of us men our opting out of marriage at least until the laws change and there's a fair court system. It's too risky.

• Men, who want to get married. some day

• Yes, when the right time comes :)

• Fifty years ago, sure. Today, no way.

If I was a woman I would be all for it but as a man it's just not worth it anymore.