Is it normal to have the wedding ring on a a necklace instead of on the finger?

• Yes, explain
  • No, explain
I forgot to explain why Im asking this.
I have tried on wedding rings but they just hurt and its a pain to find the right size so I prefer it to be around my neck.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It just seems a bit disrespectful and like you don't want anyone to know you're married...

• (Although I understand them being a pain... Some traditions are more powerful than comfort. If you can't find the right size - have it made... )

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not very normal, in that not a lot of people do it. Just pecs use it isn't normal doesn't mean you should do it though. The original purpose of wedding rights was let people know you were married just by looking and also to have something of value you could use to get by should a spouse die. Nowadays that isn't as important.

I have a friend sho has metal allergies and can't wear rings, so instead of wedding rings, she and her husband got tattoos on their ring fingers.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't say it's normal (unless you're taking it off for work or something). But if it works for you and your spouse, it doesn't matter if it's normal.

• i think its pretty common

• No unless it is too big or too small.

• I mean if you like that and she's ok that its ok.

What Guys Said 0