What is the shortest time you've seen two people known each other before deciding to get married?

A girlfirend of mine recently announced she is engaged to a man she met just 3 weeks ago, and getting married in a month's time. I was shocked! So what is the shortest time period you've known, and do you think such marraiges could work?

Most Helpful Guy

• My cousin Patrick married his ex 2 months after her met her

• Key word here - ex!

• Thank you for the MHO

• Oh, I also forgot to add, depending on the people such a short dating period may work, some it won't. To think back in the medieval times most people fell in love only after a few days. I think the reason is because there was more adventure back then and going on one with someone does bring people closer together especially if its fraught with peril. It forces the people to go through things that normally would take the average person months even years to go through to find such trust and love. As well when faced with death and excitement it makes us think faster then we normally would about something, especially since a during that time the people had less reasons to be themselves so there was very little games they had to play to win their heart. Its difficult to explain, but back then short periods usually worked because there was more time to think on things while today more things preoccupy our minds and such

Most Helpful Girl

• My sister dated her current fiance for three months, he proposed, and then he deployed for a year. They're getting married in 5 months, and he's only been home for two months since he deployed so they've only physically been living together for 5 months in total so far. It'll be 2 months shy of a year of them being together, physically, when they get married.

That's probably the fastest I've ever witnessed.

What Guys Said 12

• I suppose that has to be my parents! They were in a relationship for around 8 months, before getting engaged.

• That's sweet. See, 8 months I can see myself deciding to marry someone. It's still rather soon, but definitely possible!

• Ha ha! Clock will start once I meet Prince Charming! Sigh!

• Hmmm... you're yet to meet him? Good, so you have lots of options then!

I'm yet to meet my princess too, but I have no options at all as of now! :P

• My wife and I knew we were going to marry in less that 2 days. We waited to announce our engagement till her rings were made. Our wedding was less than 2 months after meeting. She died of cancer after 39 years of happy marriage.

• My parents married after dating only 3 months lol. They've been married like, 30 years tho. So worked for them.

• @aficionado mentioned how his parents married after 8 months. I think mine married even sooner than that but it'd be kind of awkward to ask...
    But well at least they're still together after 20 years.

• it's great that they're still together! My parents too were together for 25 years, until dad's tragic death 5 years ago. :(

• It's alright, we have learnt to cope with the loss. Me, mom, and my younger brother are a close-knit family now, and we are willing to do anything for each other. Dad's presence is still with us, though. :)

• @aficionado that's nice to hear, man :)

• They seem to work here in India. Arranged marriages the girl meets her future husband sometimes even for just a couple of weeks. They seem to last here, although the happiness factor is questionable.

• In "Frozen", it was less than a day!

• My coworker dated a guy for around a month to a month and a half before they decided to get married. The ceremony was yesterday actually.

• My ex girlfriend's friend married her boyfriend after 1 year of dating, which was pretty fucked. They have kids together, too, but I guess that's typical of the Dutch.

• I think the length of the time you date a person does not have a significant effect on marriage survival. It's a flip of a coin anyway, so if you wanna get married you shouldn't really waste years with dating.

• we saw what happened to kardashian and that chris dude. 😂😂😂

• I had a friend who was engaged within a month.

• Huh! So not so unheard of then! Whaddya know!

• Well, she's now divorced and a lesbian now. So it's not happily ever after.

• Ah and that was what I was trying to get at... I had a suspicion when you make a decision to get married so fast, it's unlikely to last. You are still in the delirious honeymoon stage.

• I don't know but I saw on youtube this girl who wanted to marry a guy after only dating him for two weeks. That may have been fake though or maybe she was drunk.

What Girls Said 6

• Barely any of my friends are married or engaged. Pretty much just one, a girl who I was best friends with in high school who claimed she never planned on getting married because she'd be 'just fine raising a family and paying bills on her own so wouldn't need a man's help with that'.

We sort of drifted but I only recently learned that within exactly a year, she graduated from uni, moved out, got married and popped out a baby. :o

• I think it was a friend I went to college with that I saw was engaged recently. She's known the guy for five months or so and was in a serious, long-term relationship (over five years) before that. It seems like a quick turnaround, but, hey, if she's happy, more power to her.

• Hans and Anna from Frozen. 1 day.

• Well I got married almost exactly a year after dating , we got engaged three months into our relationship and married 8 months later. My aunt and uncle though got married after three months of dating. They married in 1977 and are still together.

• My husband and I married each other after knowing each other for a year and a half. Not too bad.

• About a year. I don't think so but kudos to them if they do.