Will you marry for money or love?

Ladies, BE HONEST.

Statistics say that 3/4 women marry for money and 1/4 marry for love.

Lets see how the GaG community stacks up.

• Money
  • Love

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to see these statistics. But regardless, love. I've been born and raised dirt poor. I learned to hustle and provide for myself from my mama. On that note, I'd rather he had a stable job. WAIT before you begin to bitch and cry, having a single income is unrealistic in today's world, and our dollars are stretching thin.
    I don't want him depending on me, and I certainly wouldn't depend on him.

Also, I'd never date if I wasn't working. I don't even go out if I don't have my own money to pay. I have and will reject guys if I'm unemployed no matter how much I like them.

I want an equal relationship and one of my values is a worker because I've been working since I was 12, literally half my life now.
    He doesn't have to have the best job in the world. As long as he's passionate about it. If he is an artist (*insert starving artist joke here*) or let's say he really enjoys being a dishwasher for some reason. Then that's all because I know I hate to go to places and see people who you can tell hate the job. So if he's passionate about it, and that's what he wants to do, then I'm down for it.

Like I've said, I was born and raised dirt poor. There was days I didn't even eat. I ate dog food as well. I'm not against struggling, but I'd rather not. Which is why I work so damn much lol

• Being passionate about a job is unrealistic in today's world as most of us take jobs based Purley on money terms. But your right about everything else.

• @BlackDynamite83 today's society lacks passion in general. It's not unrealistic and if it is, well though shit for me. Because I can't stand to go places, even like nurses or doctors, who you can just see in their face that they hate it. Perhaps they wanted a different career but did this to please their parents. I don't know. But that's one of my biggest pet peeves. People who hate their jobs and just radiate that abhorrence.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to be careful with statistics, as they can be twisted to show pretty much anything the person wants them to show. Overall I would say that depends on how much money the woman already has, and how you define love. If a woman can't afford to feed her kid, then money is definitely going to be higher on her list. Desperate people do things they otherwise wouldn't do. This is likely linked to why poor women are more likely to marry that rich women. The rich women don't need the man the way the poor women do. As a result poor women are more likely to marry for a reason other than having some lovey dovey feeling in their heart.

The idea of marrying for "love" is a fairly new idea for an entire society to be based on, and actually is very stupid. What I mean by that is that what most people consider love, is just infatuation and is a poor bases for a marriage. You ever hear anyone say "I love them, but I am not in love with them"? That means they care about the person, but they aren't infatuated any longer. Infatuation rarely lasts for more than a few years. When those feelings run out, they lose interest in making the marriage work.

Actual love is just a commitment to sacrifice for someone else. A parent working two jobs to put the kids through collage, or a man throwing himself over his wife during a shooting are different examples of a sacrifice that can be made out of love. Most love however is basically just a partnership for their mutual survival. This is why people rarely divorced in the past. They needed each other more back then. The more independent men and women get, the less motivation they have to stay married, since the sacrifices of their partner are no longer needed.

There is actually nothing wrong with marrying for money. A marriage should be a partnership, and it is only natural that a man or woman is going to want a partner that can provide them with what they lack on their own. Otherwise your partner would have nothing to offer you, and would be a bad choice for a partner.

What Girls Said 26

• Sorry to disappoint, but your "statistics" are bullshit.
    I'd marry for love. Never for money.

• I'd marry for love. Having said that, however, I'd never get involved with someone who doesn't have a stable career of some sort so we can both put our incomes together to carry joint finances.

• So fall in love a rich guy

• Would you still love him and stay with him if he lost his wealth?

• of course I would.

• I'm intrigued to know where you got those 'statistics' from?

Anyway, I'd marry for love, no hesitation.

• What kind of statics? Wtf?

Love dude, of course love, why the fuck would I want money if I can't even enjoy sex with that person?

My aunt is a gold digger, she's not happy, I learned from her mistake

• Brain may say money because of the reason what if your partner is poor when you have a baby. he won't have enough money to take care of us and all that.
    But my heart says love because if u love him then no matter what position he is in. you will still love him for him and you support him and maybe good things like becoming successful might happen later. i know most of them who marries with their love ends up in bad more then good. but if u have faith then you will always end up in good. TRUST ME!
    there's no use of marrying someone for money. money comes and may leaves one day. and u can't leave the person and break the whole marriage life, kids because he doesn't have money anymore. so i would say love not money sorry.

• A relationship is worth nothing if you don't love each other or if only one of the two partners is in love. However, there is very little future with someone who you cannot afford to live with. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would be able to support myself, my future husband, and our future kids on the salary of an elementary teacher alone. He doesn't have to be rich, but he and I need to have jobs that pay more than minimum wage before marriage.

• Says here your 19 would not be better taking a better paid career. Just remember us financially stable guys are looking for a woman who can bring an equal amount to the table these days, this ain't the 1950's

• But did I?

• @jaydogs1990 yes

• I have a feeling that a lot of women on here are going to lie and say they're in it for love when all of their posts contradict that statement.
    I personally have never been fond of gifts or expensive things. Money isn't something that draws me to men. Making my own money and helping financially for my partner makes me happy but I don't want him to feel obligated to helping me. Clearly there might be a few screws loose in my head, lol.

• As I am nowhere near considering marriage at this juncture, it's hard for me to say. Thus, I won't speculate one way or another.

• I married for love. I chose a great man to be my husband.

• My husband is a teacher. I certainly didn't marry him for money, lol 😊

• lmao how about both? xD

• Lana asks 'Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?'

Well would Lana still love me if I had no money anymore?

• Definitely for love <3

• I married for love. I would much rather love the man I'm with and work for what I want than have it all given to me.

• 'Statistics say'... You mean statistics that YOU made up?

And I'd marry for love, of course.

• I always say I want to marry a rich man, but knowing me, I don't think I could be with someone I don't love. Hopefully the man I love will be rich ;)

• I'm not marrying at all so my answer to this is neither.

• I could never marry someone I did not love.

• probably neither.

• I tried living on love. Please send the money.

• Neither, no marriage for me.

• I don't believe in love.
    I'd marry for only money (I would never marry but maybe)

• I would marry for love.

• Love.

Unless the man I love turns out to be rich secretly too then I no problems with that.

• Initially I kind of wanted to jump in and say, "MONEY!"

But I'm easily bored and I can't imagine spending my life with someone I don't give a shit about.

• Ill marry for love of course because i won't live with someone i don't love and of course i won't accept to live the poor life, money plays in the game too (;

• If I ever decide to get married, then that means I really love the guy. So love for me.

What Guys Said 20

• Since women now earn well and have careers, the number of women who marry for money has reduced significantly. But gold diggers still exist, no doubt about it.

• At my age every woman wants to know if i own a home (i dont) whats my credit limit and score, income, savings and investments and insurance. Therefofe I am still single.

• Those sound like reasonable questions if she's considering settling down with you though right?

• Maybe the menstruation fetish throws them off.

• Unfortunately I lost everything I owned in 2002 and then had trouble with the IRS 2 times and just started financially recovering this year.

• I married a music teacher. If I married for money, I certainly picked the wrong profession.

• We both married for the other's love. Not the love of money.
    How were those stat questions worded , who made them?

• I have a different type of answer. Unless you are curious to know.

• a lot of women who say they will Marry for love but only if the guy is financially stable are in for a shock and will learn a hard lesson as most of us financially stable guys won't consider marriage unless its with an equally financially stable woman who brings a lot to the table. Men these days are actually choosing a partner the way women do.

• As a man I say most women marry for love but don't want a deadbeat who will be a financial burden which is fair but men are now doing the same as they want equality in a relationship.

• I marry for love

• Love cause I want to know what it feels like 😞

• I'm a guy, so love. If I were a girl who was relatively pretty, I would try to get me a Saudi prince.

• Love brah. I think those stats are fairly accurate though. Women be savage!

• My grandma always said, "Marry for money. Love will come later." She didn't follow her own advice.

• I'd marry for love. It wouldn't matter if she had 0 cash.

• I'd most definitely would marry for love

• I would marry for love only. I don't need money.

• Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

• fuck gold diggers

• 0|0
  • Neither, because I'm not stupid.

• Where have you seen these statistics I wonder? Or are you just trolling for the fun of it?