What is your viewpoint on gay marriage and why?

• Against
  • For
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Girl

• am neutral about it... its their lives!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Wow, I'm amazed that this is so split.

I thought it was common sense that people should do what makes them happy as long as it isn't hurting someone else.

How exactly are gay people getting married harming you?

Put aside religious fallacies and think about it logically. What is so bad about two people who love each other getting married?

All marriage is, legally, is the combination of funds (a tax credit, whoopee) and a legal bond to someone so they can't get off the hook so easily. It signifies a life long connection to someone (which can be broken, and often times is). If two people, gay or straight, are committed to each other and want to share their life together, who am I to stop that? They aren't beneath straight people. They deserve to have their rights protected! Why are they being made fun of for not liking the same things as straight people?

Has everyone lost their sanity and respect? I feel so sorry for the misguided people that don't believe in justice or equality for all.

• Gay marriage has been legal in my country for over 10 years now and I'm fine with that. It hasn't negatively affected society here.

• for. why? because they're human beings who love each other just as much as a straight couple does. i think it's ridiculous that they weren't allowed.

• I believe every human being has the right to marry the person they love. Plus I think it would be hypocritical to deny anyone the rights I am entitled to simply because I'm straight.
    Also I'm in an interracial marriage and I live in the South, not too long ago that was illegal too. When you think about that, it makes you think about what marriage is about and who has the rights to say who can marry who.

• Although I am a Christian, I believe everyone should be happy

• I don't mind it. I could never be against love. It's not like homosexuals getting married is harming in any way. That's why I don't care. Everyone should have the right to marry whoever they want 💖

• To be honest I'm against it personally but I feel like if that's what someone wants to do then they should be bake to.

What Guys Said 14

• As a disclaimer I'm bi and in a relationship with a man right now.

I'm a libertarian and believe that the government shouldn't interfere in our personal freedoms, unless we are attempting to harm others. Because of this, I do not think that the government should be involved in marriage at all; however, since they are they MUST extend those rights to all citizens.

• You do know it's legal to gay marry in the states, right?

• I just typed a long response and it all got deleted X (
      @Asker
      @Dave20154
      Yes, homosexuality is not a choice. Strong research shows that there is a genetic component to sexuality, but even besides that despite the social or genetic influences sexuality appears to be set by the age of three, before any meaningful "choice" could be made.

You can certainly choose who you sleep with, but not who you are attracted to, and that has been proven over decades of research.

Those 5 are the ones charged with interpreting the constitution. You have made no case for why it should be illegal, and given no research that shows your claim. Twin studies (and adopted twin studies) almost unanimously show that there is a strong genetic component because the congruence of homosexuality among identical twins is staggeringly higher than in the general population.

• He just owned your ass qa, how's it's feel to get burned

• Who am I to say they can't shouldn't marry?
    Who are others to say they can't shouldn't marry?

• You forgot to add the "I don't give a fuck about what 2 strangers do as long as it doesn't concern me". Seriously, why should I be against or along something that has nothing to do with me? I just dont care.

• I dont think marriage should exist at all in our legal system in the 21st century. People should have the right to privately marry, but taxes and inheritance laws should be fair and equal across the board. It shouldn't change based on marital status, that's actually a form of discrimination. We dont tax anyone higher rates because of their race or gender, so why do we favor those who are married vs those who are single, divorced, or widowed? The government shouldn't be in the business of private relationships to begin with.

• I dont understand the people who are against it. I get usually it has to do with religious beliefs, but I dont see how YOUR religious beliefs or beliefs in general affect what i can or can't do with MY life.

• Against.
    1. Marriage hasn't worked well for heterosexual people, so how is it going to work well for gays? With a 50% divorce rate you might as well flip a coin. Also with men 90% of the time losing the custody of their children in divorce battles shows something is a little unbalanced. Why give gays something that's so unreliable? We need to fix it on the heterosexual side first.
    2. If you gay why would just married at all? In the religious world marriage at least has a prestige to it. While marriage in secular world is mostly sitcom material. A joke really. I can't think of one show popular show that shows a husband as intelligent. Most guy in most popular TV shows are morons. (Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin) etc...
    3. Secondly as somebody who is gay with your option of mates being more scarce you can really "get around" much quicker than a heterosexual can. Simply because their is no social stigma such as whore, slut for gays. Anybody who attempts to stop gay promiscuousness would be labeled homophobic and associated with the right wingers.

• What?
      1. Denying two people the right to get married because someone else has problems is ridiculous. Whether gay or straight, each person takes the gamble when they marry--and custody issues would actually be more fair to gay couples as there is no bias of gender to sway the courts.
      2. TV shows are not reality. Gay people get married for the same reasons as straight people.
      3. Cheating is not exclusive to gay persons. Cheating is cheating. Whether gay/straight, temptation is all around. It's not just a "gay" problem. I didn't actually hear you challenging heterosexual promiscuity because that has been around since the dawn of marriage.

Clearly, I am a defender of gay marriage. I've watched my friends, who happen to be gay, want what I have, the ability to marry without some random person saying its wrong or bad or any other stupid reasons for their denial. Of all the reasons you listed, none personally affect your life. In fact, no straight marriage under these conditions

• @BeeNee Milo Yiannopoulos and Dennis Prager are already on that route, I'll just join them.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm8QCUpFPrg Milo who is gay debating against gay marriage.

• I don't really care. if they want to get married, go right ahead. getting married has nothing to do with legal documents in my opinion. I mean really, whats the difference other than the "Bonuses" you get from the government? even if you're married legally you can still cheat and even leave by divorce. so whats the point? just have the ceremony and no legal documents. that's what I'm going to do when I find the woman I wanna marry. no ring or documents. just the ceremony to promise to be faithful, love and stay with each other no matter what. then we have a party to celebrate the joining of our families. so sure, why not let gays and lesbians get legally married? it doesn't really matter in the end.

• Against.

Marriage is like citizenship to a nation.

When the nation is is doing great and things are strong, citizenship is strictly defined, and prized.

When the nation is going down the toilet, citizenship doesn't mean as much, and everyone can have it.

• i am gay but i do not think gays/lesbians should be able to marry, civil partnership yes but nor marriage like woman/man.. just my point of view.

• Against it. It's sick and unnatural. And before you call me a homophobic, one of my best friends is gay so...

• I'm against it as a Christian, but as an American I don't care if states wanted to VOTE for allowing it.
    Key word there was vote.

• It makes me sick, but it is part of modern society, so I just go with it.

• I think that now that it is legal, that more and more people will start coming out as gay

• I don't recognize it as legal.

Based on what, 5 people who don't understand the Constitution?

• Who said anything about "hate"?

I do not believe they have the right to corrupt the definition of marriage.

• Again, people who believe that, hate gays. They believe they should have no rights

• againstttttttttttttttt