What do you prefer a housewives or an woman who has a job ?

• housewives
  • has a job

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather my woman have a job.

I'm interested in a woman with a college education, and more than likely she'd like to make use of that by landing a job, full or part-time. I wouldn't want her to stay at home all day either. In addition, it would help us financially to have two salaries coming into the house.

If kids come into the picture, sure, there's going to be a few years that she or I (stay-at-home parents goes both ways these days) will have to be under the roof more often. But for the most part I see us both working.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't what the guys will say in this poll, but my dream would be to find a man like my father, he didn't care about what my Mother would do, he was Ok with her staying home or working, he gave her the choice and either way he was willing to be the one to pay for everything in the Household and all his family needs.
    I want to have a degre and work but if I have kids I want to be able to have the time to take care of them, my house and my husband without having to leave them with a babysitter! And once they're old enough I would take my work back !

What Guys Said 19

• I prefer a woman who is responsible, and have independent thinking. As long as she have a good personality, caring, then she is good.

Assuming that the housewives and the woman with a job have the same qualities that I stated above, I would prefer a woman with a job, because my family will have more income thus I will be under less pressure earning a living.

• I think the question is a bit loaded. A woman who works around the house isn't necessarily a "housewife" as the term usually implies disgruntled, uneducated middle aged women living a miserable existence. By that same token, there is also a difference between a woman who has a job and a "career-woman" which often implies a selfish, domineering woman who shuns her family.

• Whatever she wants to be... however it'd be much better if she had her own job and her own money, then she wouldn't need me for everything financially.

• It wouldn't make much of a difference. I make enough money to support myself, a partner, and a potential child on my own the way it is. But it'd be nice if she had a job, cuz we could have a few extra luxuries. Although, on the other hand, it'd also be nice to have a housewife, because i wouldn't have to do all the cooking and cleaning. I could just focus on work, then come home and relax with her. Then again... one of those "few extra luxuries" could be s

• Sorry got cut off.

I was saying that one or the "few extra luxuries" that we could get with a second income could be spent on a maid, thus eliminating the cooking and cleaning problem. So I'd probably lean more towards a girl with a job, though i still wouldn't care much.

• Both really, someone not wanting to pursue any sort of career or professional ambitions and just going to college to find a husband and stay at home is a huge turn off to me.

• Both 🙈💁🏻

• I prefer a woman with a job. I like my hobbies and toys. I'd lose both if I had to be the sole support of two people, let alone children.

• You can't really live on one person's income nowadays, so I voted B).

• I'd prefer a career woman.

• Not bothered, whatever she prefers.

• I'd prefer a housewife.

• It's her life, so it doesn't really matter, since I can afford all bills with money to burn anyway.

• Depends on our situation.
    If I'm making enough money and she's happy at home, then I'm fine with her being at home, especially if we've got kids.
    On the other hand, if it would be better for us for her to have a job, she better be writing resumes.

• I prefer a woman who has a job. But if she wants to be a housewife then I'm okay with that too.

• I would go with housewife a year ago, but now i don't know.

• Job. I'm ambitious in my career options and prefer a woman who can relate to that.

• I would just want to come home to someone less twisted and corrupted by the work-a-day world than me. Is that so wrong?

• it doesn't matter. either one will end up cheating on u

• My wife is college educated but she is staying home with our daughter until she is older and then will go back tow work. Neither of us would accept anything else.

• That's dificult to go back to work after taking care of his child

• Interesting. That's certainly not the case here in the US, and France seems to be more progressive that the US in a lot of ways so I find that very surprising.

In any case, my wife and I agree the children are more important than that anyway.

What Girls Said 5

• wow I'm quite surprised by the poll. interesting.
    personally, if a man i got with expected me to stay at home, that's an instant deal breaker.

• I'm always going to work, I can't bare the thought of someone taking care of me financially lol

• and if you have children what would you do?

• I don't want children so my situation is different. I don't have anything against stay at home moms or a woman doing what she chooses to do, I would just never be comfortable depending on someone else financially even if I had children. If I had children it would actually motivate me more to work, at least part time so that I could provide for them if something ever happened to their father.

• I hope my future partner respects that I want my own career. I have ambitions and goals in life, I do not want to be at home all the time.

• what would you do if you had children?

• I am unable to conceive children of my own, so I was ok with not having any. If my partner and I decided we really want a child, then adoption is the way to go. I can work from home and help raise the child until they are in school, then go back to working in a studio. It's not a huge issue.

• Has a job. Safer. Promotes financial security.

• She should just know if she wants to be a housewife that's her JOB. Dinner better be ready each day, the house can't stay messy and the kids need to be well cared for. It's shit she has to actually work at not just chill in the house all day.