Do you believe in marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, yes, I do. I believe in in the writing of one vows too. You love me? Yes? Tell me why, from your heart, no recital, repeat-after-me custom. I'm the type of person that can say what's on my mind regarding situations and I will on that day, speaking from my heart. Now, no pressure on an individual who can't sum the vows up in words, not everyone is a writer, good at speaking by heart and so on. At the end of the day, do you and what works for you. But get ready for my 3 pages long vows lol, get me a pulpit, it's time to listen to the living word, the word of Zion :D ( no blasphemy intended) Selah

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I have a choice because in society marriage is a real thing. Personally I want to get married to the right person, he has not come along yet but I would rather be single then marry someone who I do not love

• Thanks

• Your welcome. And keep the dream alive

What Guys Said 17

• It's additional paperwork to make two people want to leave each other a bit less, as it provides an incentive not want to break up. Divorce is costly and they take half your stuff, of course you'll stick around no matter what happens. The romance is palpable.

• I used to. There is no benefit from marriage for a man. It's getting worse and worse by the day. The only exception where I believe in marriage is generally women from other countries with different cultures who were "raised right". Let's put it that way. My parents are happily married for 25 years. Are there exceptions like my parents who are successful in marriage? Of course. They were raised with a different ciultire in a different era. It's a complete different ballgame today. 50% divorce rate where 69% of women initiate it. The other 50% doesn't factor whether the marriage is miserable or just there because they can't afford a divorce or what have you. There is no benefit for a man to get married. Your just admin to get your assets taken away from you. Don't believe me? Take a look around and listen to men who are married or were married. Listen to what they talk about and if they are miserable or were. Sex goes down in a marriage, nagging is there, taking care of the kids (expensive but a pleasure), etc. There was an old joke that went like this: "Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it". By the way, what the hell is up with the cuckolding? I don't understand that, especially if you are married.

• No - I don't see point of it. If you love someone and want to have children with them just live together, why do you need to be married?

• I do yes. A successful marriage is a beautiful thing and is truly inspiring to see. I think making and renewing your vows every few years is a good idea every marriage should include. Not super long poems. Actionable vows from the heart.

• Definitively better for children.
    Obviously better for tax reasons.
    Some studies suggest that happiness levels increases after marriage, but any study trying to discern a person's state of mind is sketchy at best.
    At any rate, yesz

• Yes, but fuck the religious thing about it... I like marriage as a bounding meaning, as a promise to one another that you will be together forever and stand by their side no matter what.

• Yes, and food... will you marry me?

• Yes, marriage exists, I've seen it!

• No, it serves no purpose.

• I love being married, but only because my wife and I are completely open and non monogamous. We have complete and absolute trust in each other, and act more like best friends than a married couple. For us, it works but marriage isn't for everyone.

• As a traditional guy yes

• No, not any more. I think the best idea is what they call "serial monogamy".

• I believe in it, I don't want to partake in it.

• lol marriage is a myth xD

how do you mean that?^^

• I definitely do. But i don't think society understands what marriage is anymore.

• I like the idea of marriage, but it doesn't work as a legal concept. Either a person can leave for any reason rendering marriage meaningless, or you force people to stay in unhappy marriages.

To be honest I think changing your status on Facebook has more meaning than being married with a piece of paper the government hands you. Online is a way of telling everyone you are in a committed relationship, and are off the market, as oppose to just being able to slip off your wedding ring and pretending to be single. All the other person needs to do is look up your Facebook account and you are busted before you got the chance to cheat.

• I believe in marriage, but not the way it is today. Not with modern women. Today marriage is just a shitty deal for most men.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes I do.

Fun fact... every single culture on the planet has a system of marriage. It is apparently impossible to develop a culture without a system of marriage.

• Yes, I do. Might be from my Christian beliefs.

• Yes... At least I'd like to.

• Yes but I also believe in faries..

• I'm a traditional guy so YES

• I don't understand what it means to "believe in marriage." Do I believe that more than half the time it ends in divorce? Yes. Do I believe people still do it anyway? Yup. Do I believe that marriage is an okay thing to do? Yeah, if you want to. What exactly is the question?

• Well that shit exists so I don't you see how can't believe in it.

• Lol duh! Do you mean will you get married or?

• Lolzzz nooo I meant like do you literally believe in the idea of marriage or not =)

• Hell naaw lol

• yeah. ////