Is it ok to be engaged at 19 ?

I'm 19 and engaged. I love my fiancé so much and we're happy together. We are pretty young so we're not planning for marriage now or soon. We want to build our future and plan for it carefully but still people look at us like idiots and tell us that we're doing something wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• This our planet: http://solarviews.com/raw/earth/earthafr.jpg
    Over 7 billion people currently live on this planet. These are the offsprings of over Hundreds of thousands of years. Many of which died without finding a single person to love. Be happy that you found someone. And ignore anyone who isn't giving you kind helpful insightful advice. If it's a mistake just live and learn. You can't be human and not at least make a few mistakes in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's quite young and personally don't like the idea of long engagements. However, don't let anyone steal your happiness. What counts is the love between you and your partner and it sounds like you still have the right mindset in terms of wanting to build your future and all that. It's certainly OK too :)

What Guys Said 10

• Hey, do what you wana... if you guys are so sure... just go with it. There are couples that have known each other since kindergarten and just knew... and they are still together like a good few decades after.
    You can never be sure with young love though... you can only hope for the best and so do i. I love those stories...

• Back in the 1930's and 40's it was normal. If people don't agree with your choices they can go fuck themselves. That's what I always say.

• It's okay to be engaged at 19 but I don't don't think it's the right age for me. We go through a lot of changes as the years pass and I feel like we're barely learning who we really are at 19

• in the old days it was accepted so no difference

• There is nothing wrong. Just DONT produce children before 25 years of age. Fuck around like for 6-7 years & then plan to have babies.

PS: babies will ruin your life.

• i was married at 19

• It's your life honey not ours. You should know if it's ok or not

• its ok to me... whats wrong?

• Just make sure you don't cheat

• its a bit dumb. clasic case of a couple that go to get their degrees with 3-4 years old kids. thats why people should be married AFTER coolege and finding a job... .

• We're not going to have a kid or married before college

• it will happen eventually. on night you'll be drunk and careless and the child will come. thats why you shouldn't be engaged either before finding a job after college.

What Girls Said 7

• My mum got married at 19
    So errr
    Just be sure he's the ones because you're young

• I personally don't see the point to be honest. If you love each other so much what rush it, especially if you don't plan on marrying soon.
    Engage or not, you love each other, it won't change that fact. As for why people say it's not really okay, it's because at that age people change. I know I'm totally different than I was five years ago.

• It depends on your mentality. Everyone is different.

• I think it's a good idea to be engaged for quite a while, like a year or more. It shows that you are responsible and committed enough to be able to get married. Besides, if you can't be engaged for a long period of time, who's to say you would be able to spend the rest of your life together?

• Way too young for that shit

• Yes.. Its not about age if you love someone then why not... Been engaged is nothing it's basically like a promise to eachother... Ps.. I got engaged at 20 and married 21 with 3 kids.. :)

• exactly what is the big deal? i would like to have a kid at 30 to enjoy my youth but if someone wants to have it earlier its no big deal there are so many advantages like seeing your kid grow up for a long time

• Yeh, as long as your both happy together and it's a mutual decision then go for it... And Yeh it is good doing it earlier I now am 22 And I'm finished got my kids and husband now just building my house... I can play with my kids and watch them grow up :)

• Its young but once upon a time it wouldn't be considered that young at all. Engagements are just words too. You're being smart about it. Just enjoy the feeling of having someone you believe you will spend the rest of your life with (wjether you decide to or not). That must feel awesome