Do any of you see yourselves getting married?

I'm not gonna lie, I use to love the idea of getting married. I was that guide it would always want to have my partner be attached to me and love me to death. I've always wanted to have at least one son. Partying and sleeping with a million girls was never my idea of a good time... Too many different personalities and now days you have to be careful because you don't know where the last person has been. But as I've gotten older I've become a bit bitter towards the idea partnership and marriage. There are so many girls I can get usually but the problem is I don't want them for some reason, it's not that they're ugly or anything it's just that I feel as if I've seen too many bad relationships and things go wrong. when I picture it all in my mind, I love the idea of marriage and a family and all that great stuff like two things you kind of see on TV but I know in reality it's never like that. I feel like there is going to be a million lies told back and forth & a million betrayals and cheating moments and heart ache. I apologize cuz I'm not trying to sound like a buzz kill but I'd avoid it all...

After reading everything I just said how many of you still strongly believe in getting married and partnership and stuff..

• I've always wanted to get married
  • I never wanted to get married
  • I use to want a life long companion but now I'm having second thoughts
  • Partnerships rarely last until the end.. Alone is my choice

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to care. now I don't care at all. As long as I'm with someone that is amazing. I don't need to marry them to prove just how much I love them.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of between C and D for me. Like you said, in reality, marriage and families are very different than what is shown on TV. I picked D in the end because I just don't expect relationships to ever really last, so therefore I am really on my own now.

• Damn, I couldn't agree with you more... I mean k definitely wanted to get married but there just too much pain to go through... People turn on each other and do fucked up things out of their emotions... People lie, cheat, set eachother up for failures, even kill know another... And it's all due to an emotional state... Just not worth it in the end...

• What I meant was everything we've ever attained in this world we could not keep forever. We will eventually lose it when our time here has expired.

Speaking of loneliness or dying alone it is a Myth that just because you are married and have a spouse or in a relationship that you will not die alone.

"How does getting married guarantee that you won't die alone? Unless you and your spouse die at the exact same time, then either your spouse dies first and you are left 'alone,' or you die first, in which case, well, you're dead! But what about the part about growing old alone?"

Some people still feel alone and empty even when they are in a relationship or married.

I think single people like you and me crave companionship from a single lady. I guess it's part of the biological and psychological process or something. I know it just can not ever work well for me because of the outlook I've developed from realizing all the bad shit or that it's always had been in the back of my mind.

• I've be good and realizing the bad shit that's in the back of my mind to as I've gotten older and the past 3 to 5 years. I've only noticed all the bad things that come with relationships. You don't necessarily have to be married but it would be nice to wake up to someone and not wake up to an empty side of the bed. You mentioned something on dying alone, I agree, everyone dies alone but while we here in this lifetime we might as well make the best of it while having a partner. You may die alone but there's nothing that says you should go through life alone, unless that's your personal choice. Really the only thing that's keeping me your loan is I have trust issues because I've gone through a lot before in the past and I refuse to take that chance again... But I have my moments when I'm confused and my resolve is suddenly weak.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm very "picket fence" oriented, so I want to get married, but its not my top priority right now.

• I already know the music I want at my wedding hahaha

• I really hope to get married and have a beautiful family but im just not ready now.

What Guys Said 2

• No. I never see myself getting married, no matter how much I think about it, I just don't see it ever happening. Yes I have my own logical reasons for that.

• I don't see myself getting married until marriage laws are modified in my jurisdiction. I don't want to get on my knees and beg for her to marry me for her to say, "never mind, I'm just not into it anymore," 30 years later after my potential to get another partner is greatly diminished. I guess I hate the idea of a no-fault divorce. Even though it may be applicable in some circumstances, I feel like it's regularly abused as a backup plan.