Do you feel inadequate because of your relationship status?

I'm just not marriage material and I'm pretty sure that's just who I am. I'm more of a loner than most, and my romantic relationships often make me uncomfortable. Hell, when I "played house" as a kid, I'd rather be a dog or cat than a family member.

While I'm realizing I just am who I am, I still feel inadequate all the time: when friends get married and have babies, during most conversations - which revolve mostly around those two things, at events that are only couples, etc.

Does anyone else feel this way? Especially other people over 30.

Most Helpful Guy

• If having kids and being together with someone is actually something you'd like and you're uncertain of whether you are missing out on something you'd value and feel is a part of self-fulfillment, then I can see how that would make someone feel a bit hesitant about their current state.

Not inadequate though, just uncomfortable with things "not going the way they want". Of course, if they are actually against the idea of having children whom they have to raise and stuff, obviously it doesn't make sense for them to feel bad about the choice they are consciously making.

Most Helpful Girl

• nope.
    ...
    .

What Guys Said 11

• Eh, close to 30 and all my friends are popping out kids like rabbits.

These conversations can get awkward if you decide to not get involved. I have no problem talking about other people's kids.

I'm fascinated by how much more difficult their lives are compared to mine. And then I bask in their jealousy at the enormous freedom I have.

I'll probably have kids eventually. You probably will too. It's just a matter of finding the person who makes being in a romantic relationship comfortable. And for those of us who are picky, it can take a hell of a lotta work.

Even if you don't, being able to just play aunt to everyone else's kids is kind of a special treat.

• I feel inadequate Not because of my relationship status but because of what I am.

Because I am only a mere mortal made of flesh and blood, very vulnerable to all kinds of bad shit in this physical world, and very limited to what I can really actually do about it.

But honestly I really don't give a shit any more regarding relationship "status". As long as no one fucks with me and gives me a hard time such as trying to put me down or try to insult me otherwise regarding me being single, still a virgin, blah blah then I really don't have a problem.

Because not everyone "needs" to be in a relationship or married to be "happy" or "successful" or otherwise anyway and not everyone "needs" to lose their virginity to be "happy", "a man", or whatever the fuck bullshit lies someone made claims of before.

I say fuck all those whoever said and think and feel that way if they ever tried to force their way of thinking and feeling on the rest of us that had always been Single, Fuck 'em.

• Yes, you each do what works for us personally, as long as it hurts no one.

• No, I don't. I am absolutely fine. I have always been single and I have no regrets whatsoever. In fact I am fully motivated to lead my life single till death. I am confident about that.

• I'm 18 and heterosexual yet i have no interest in pursuing either a sexual or romantic relationship because I frankly don't care. I'm happy with my status and I have great sexual control. I watch like maybe every 6 months and that too IF i feel like it. I don't care if I die like this. I have more important things in life to accomplish :D

• I'm single and I am more than happy being single, I have no desire to enter a relationship.

• Nope cause we can change it pretty much whenever we please or at least try

• Naw I'm fine 🙂

• I feel inadequate because of my relationship status.

• I often do too, so I understand.

• You can't understand my pain.

Which is good.

• No, why would I?

• I just want a sex life.

• I guess I will soon enough since I'm getting divorced

What Girls Said 1

• You need to be happy with yourself before having a family or it won't make any difference later. Also not all marriages or relationships are happy or fulfilling. If you're comfortable as you are don't guilt trip yourself about it.