Do you ever want to get married?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, but on my own terms. the women in my family are pressuring me to find someone and get married already :( i like the institution of marriage, it's just really hard to find someone who i like, who my family will approve of, who will be a good partner for me, who i will be able to be a good partner to, etc.

• Tell your family that if they are so eager to get married, to go and get married themselves! Don't you dare let THEM pressure YOU into how YOU and with WHOM you should live your life. That's a BIG choice. Don't take it lightly... spending the rest of your life with someone is not an easy job, so you better choose the right one - whom YOU can live with (NOT YOUR FAMILY), because at the end of the day, it's you who'll be sleeping with him, not them. Good luck and success! You should try online dating.

• Next time your family pressures you about it as them straight up: "would you rather I get married ASAP to whatever guy comes along next only to end up divorced in 5 years, or would you rather I wait until I find the RIGHT partner to spend my whole life with?"

It's such bullshit when people, especially families, put that kind of pressure on someone. Way too many people get married for the wrong reasons - DON'T become one of those people!! (It sounds like you're not going to be).

What Guys Said 12

• I think I will have to pass on it.

I think marriage is mainly for those that really want children of their own, but I have made up my mind long time ago I do not want any children so it is very unlikely I will ever will be any relationships, much less to even marry anyone.

• Honestly, not really.

I view marriage as just making it official according to the government...
    Why do I need to sign papers so the government knows who the love of my life is?

• No. I never want to get married.

• yes, with a girl from gag LOL

• maybe... don't really care honestly. I want to find a partner for the rest of my life, but if we are married or not doesn't really matter to me.

• just lol @gettting married.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM

• Once was more than enough

• Yea i want

• I want a long-term relationship; I don't want to marry.

• I love the idea of marriage, but it doesn't seem like a safe plan with our legal system. Marriage no longer offers a man any advantage and instead only makes him a target. I don't think I will ever find a woman that I have enough confidence in to take that risk. I prefer living apart with a long term girlfriend and having the power to end the relationship the moment she starts mistreating me.

Women currently have way too much power over men. Once a guy has married a girl, the woman has all the power in the relationship. The only power men really have is the power of offering her a relationship. By using that type of power we can more or less keep the relationship on an equal footing. If the laws are ever significantly changed, then maybe I would reconsider marriage.

• Yes, I would like to get married.

• Nope. Marriage is a rotten deal for men today. Smart men are saying no to marriage in record numbers.

What Girls Said 9

• I came from a f**ked up family and swore I'd never get married.

My husband came from a f**ked up family and always swore he'd never get married.

It's been, let's see, 13 years now. Best decision either of us has ever made.

It is not a decision to be taken lightly.

And fuck the US tax system (to which we have given thousands more every year than if we were still single). Ugh. Let's not go there.

But... It is a thing.

Thought experiment: Imagine a CEO of a powerful company with his girlfriend and two kids. Imagine a governor with her boyfriend and daughter.
    Eh?
    Girlfriend?
    Boyfriend?
    You HAD the gut reaction. You had it.
    Even if you HATE the idea of marriage... you had it.
    The gut reaction is "Why aren't they committed?" And that's why it especially doesn't stick with the CEO and the governor, because they are people who build things.
    Builders need commitment. It's a thing.

Some people really do just drift for their whole lives. Others don't, but probably should have (I'm looking at you, Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner). But most people want to build things... eventually.

A real commitment is an important basis. Really. It is. I don't like the governmental monster that marriage has become, but, choose wisely, get a prenuptial agreement, and start campaigning against the bullshit.

--

Is our marriage perfect?
    No.

Does it inspire us?
    Hell yes it does.
    We have to put in some "work", up front, to ensure that it continues to inspire us (more on this if anyone wants). But oh yes it does.

Those vows, those are the real shit. If he gets paralyzed and I have to push him around and feed him for the next 40 years, I'm there. If he loses his job, my income is his income. Blah blah blah blah, forever is actually forever.

When you're young, you don't think about forever.
    One of my brothers floated around and "collected" women for two decades-- probably a thousand at least. He has game. He IS game.
    Then he got knocked off his bike, drunk hit-and-run at 70mph. Shattered both arms.
    Unsurprisingly, his f**kbuddies were nowhere to be found.
    I'd stayed friends with one of his "boring" exes. She came back. She literally wiped his ass for him for 6 months.
    She's now his wife.
    That brother is not, nor will ever be, a "happy" guy. But he says he was thinking about ending it all, and seeing his wife, with that ring, is what keeps him going.

• im happily married :) always wanted to b married.
    but its not for everybody. and you dont have to be married to share a life with someone :)

• Yes. I do. Lately I've been thinking about this more and more.

• It doesn't really matter to me, it wouldn't change anything for me one way or the other.

I would love to be with the same person for the rest of my life, if it happens to work out that way though lol

And I definitely don't want a wedding.

• Maybe, if I met the right guy.

• Nope! Never seems like totally waste to me

• Yeah, one day

• Yes, I would love to have someone to grow old with :)

• I Would love to get married and have kids someday.