Girls, would you let your husband hang out with female friends?

As in hanging out (movies/gym/dinner/video games) or texting frequently or even hugging? Would you let him hang out 1 on 1? And with an ex or hookup or affair partner?

• Yes
    19% (4)
  • No
    81% (17)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

9

Most Helpful Girl

• It's something he just wouldn't do, i wouldn't even feel the need to allow him because i don't and won't control what he does but i know him inside out as he knows me and it's not even something he would contemplate so it's all good. If any man dedicates his time to another woman besides his wife then something is totally off with that i would think.

What Girls Said 8

• It's odd that he would dedicate so much time to another female , that leads me to ask how much time does he have for me?
    I couldn't control his actions because he's his own person.
    I'd find the aspects of his relationship with these other girls as uncommon.
    It'd make me feel a bit uncomfortable.
    In this case , I'd have to weigh my options.
    Does he give me reason to believe that this is more than what meets the eye? Or is this just very close friendships he posses? How I answer these questions to myself would be the determining factor for if I wanted to stay or not.

• You needed more options on your poll as there were a lot of things to consider in the question.

Female friends: yes. If they hang out like he does with his male friends then what's the big deal? Most of the time he'll take me along too, but if I'm busy he can still socialise.

Exes: depends. His most recent ex then no. An ex from years ago where they've rebuilt a friendship and both moved on then yes. It depends on the circumstances and how they are around each other.

As for allowing him. I'm not his mother, but I'd talk to him about how I feel and ask him to consider my feelings and reach a compromise. An all out refusal to have her in his life would be a very severe thing and there would need to be iron ast reasons why I didn't trust them.

• I don't feel like I would need to "allow" him to do anything. He's a grown man and is capable of making his own decisions, I'm not his mother. That being said, it would depend on the dynamics of his relationship with the girl in question. I would probably be at least a little bit uncomfortable with it though.

• Friends, yes. But past hookups/exes, flings, no.

• Yes, he can do as he pleases. I trust him completely until he gives me a reason not to, and if that happens then we're over. I don't wanna force him to be faithful, I want him to want to be.

• Friends: yes.
    Ex, hookup, affair partner: no.

• No. If he needs to hang out with other women instead of his wife he never should have gotten married.

• No I won't let him.
    I'm asking you the same question, tell me what would you do?

• I'd be OK with letting my wife hang with male friends. I hang with female friends too

• Ex, hook-ups and affair partners too?