Guys, What Would it Take for You to Propose?

What kind of prerequisites from a lady would you need in order to propose? Would you ever propose?

In terms of personality traits
I asked this question to illustrate how little men ever think about proposing to a woman.

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't propose. I find the entire concept of marriage outdated. If a girl wants to marry she should be the one to propose.

What Girls Said 1

• Do people just go around with engagement rings in their pockets looking for the perfect woman to propose to at random? This is an odd question.

• People value different traits in their potential partners. We have to agree to disagree about the oddity of this question.

• You're making it sound like it's purely physical, which would probably not be a successful marriage.

• Thank you for pointing out the ambiguity I was unaware of

What Guys Said 4

• Just a prenuptial agreement.

• I've done it once, I don't regret it but it will be the only time in my life.

• If she was worth me giving up my sexual freedom, and dedicate the rest of my working days putting up with assholes from 8am to 6pm.

If she was worth that, then yeah... I'd propose in a heartbeat.

• I don't see a point in marriage, so ideally, never — if my partner would want to get married, they'd have to make that clear.