Anyone think Marriage is a the biggest trap for men?

brb woman's body degrades like milk in a hot car (accelerates real fast after 30)
brb who pays for everything (men mostly do)
brb no more fun sex (sex became sparsed and spread out as marriage progreses)
brb crying squealing little shithead kids
brb girls these days slut around in their youth then lie about their numbers to get married.
brb girls would do most degrading shit with some guys and not with you even though they your wife.
brb trading red sports car for mini van to support 5 family
brb the cost of education these days, and the education system is pretty chit tbh

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• People usually fuck up marriage by thinking that way. Usually people marry the wrong person and they don't think about whether they'll like them after years of being together. If you truly love someone y'all will be happy and I don't know about the sex thing I know older couples with better sex lives than 20 year olds lol. No you don't have to trade your Mustang for a mini van only if you're planning on being like the 19 Kids & Counting. Y'all could be the cool ass parents. That's how mine were, they had a Pontiac. If you find a woman who has self worth and who worth put up with any bullshit then you won't have to worry about her "degrading" herself. I feel like your perception of marriage is off because what you just described is stereotypes that will come true if you marry the wrong person. im just taking my time and waiting until I find someone and my goals are to never become that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well marriage back then was different. Marriage today? It's viewed and the marriage certificate is signed as a business contract by the state. There is no benefit for a man to get married. You mentioned everything, but also forgot to add nagging, telling what you can and can't do, and the infidelity with these hookup apps. by the way, some new trend called cuckolding. Check it out for laughs. Not to mention that the courts are against men. 50% divorce where 69% women initiate divorce and 1/3 of women wouldn't marry the current spouse if they could do it over. The other 50% doesn't account whether the marriage is intact due to misery, finance, or true happiness. Not to mention the child support and alimony (or what I call vaginamony). Men in most cases don't get child custody. Paternity fraud is a big one. 30% fathers take care of kids that are not even theirs. Imagine you own a multibillion dollar business that you worked your ass for 20 years. You "settle down" with this girl and get married. In the 5th year, she wants a divorce and let's say she is cheating too. She gets HALF of the business assets, stock, IRA, etc. All the struggles to make his business big and some girl takes it like its nothing. No way Jose. I am out. Even if I would marry, I would marry a foreign woman WITH a prenup.

• it's actually 75% not 69%

• Oh damn. Thanks for the correction. 3/4 initiate it. That's even worse that 69% lol. A definite no.

What Girls Said 9

• No. Having someone carrying your legacy in their body for 9 months, someone who'll take care of you when your sick and sad, who'll transform your house into a home, who'll share with you exclusive sexual intimacy, and who'll love unconditionally is not a trap.

• 1. Exclusive sexual intimacy doesn't exist in the west. Girls in west slut around and rach up double digits (sometime triple digit numbers) and then lie about their sexual past or don't reveal it to get married.

2. Your legacy is being carried too. I don't get why women act like they are doing the man a favor when their biological dna is being preserved too.

3. "someone who'll take care of you when your sick and sad, who'll transform your house into a home"

You can get all that without getting married.

• 1. Don't generalise, I'm not from the West so I don't exactly know how the things are out there, but I'm sure that there are tons of non slutty women

2. Yeah sure, I didn't say that our legacy wasn't insured neither.

3. Yes sure, but marriage make it more 'Real' and "Exclusive" in my opinion...

• Marriage is only a trap for stupid people who have NO IDEA what theyre about to get into.
    For people with a brain, a vision, and serious love, its the best thing ever.

• Actually I would have said pregnancy.

But you know what they say a fool and his money are soon parted.

• What a sad statistic. :(

• Maybe stop being so sexually frustrated, it's not the worlds fault your life sucks.

• I don't consider it a trap but I think the whole constitution is obsolete.

• You can be all negative about if its not for you but there are good things too. Having someone to come home to. A life partner to build and grow with. Someone to look after and share experiences with. Knowing your always loved and cared for. Soul mate is the one you marry.

• Soul mates don't exist but to address everything else

"You can be all negative about if its not for you but there are good things too. Having someone to come home to. A life partner to build and grow with. Someone to look after and share experiences with. Knowing your always loved and cared for"

Explain how i can't get all this from a LTR as BF/GF?

• You are too negative to see the good. Marriage holds a higher meaning than a boyfriend or girlfriend. Marriage is taken more seriously. It's for keeps. Anything else is temporary and too easy to give up on.

• Well yeah, that sounds like a shitty marriage. I won't let mine be like that at all.

• Well gee, you sound like a total douchebag. Marriage to YOU sounds like a trap I'm incredibly glad I'll never have to fall into...

What Guys Said 14

• Yes and no, it depends a lot on circumstances. I'm not particularly interested in marriage anymore, who knows if that will ever change. But I don't see it as an "ultimate trap", at least not in other parts of the world outside of the US.

In lots of cases it might be, but for example, a family member married at 67 years old. It's obvious him and his new wife are just interested in company, I think the newly wife is around his same age so they basically found each other and took the chance to not "die alone" lol

I know that's an extreme example, but it goes to show circumstance matters a lot. Generally, getting married at a young age is the worst idea. But with marriage, and people in general (particularly women), you're playing Russian roulette.

From another perspective, and following @Mysterio421 post. In today's world that Russian roulette does play the odds against you. It's just too much of a risk, even with signing a prenup. Statistics called it, more than 70% of divorces are started by women. There is definitely a trend here, and I'd rather avoid it by the time being.

• Hey, if you don't want to marry, that's your business. Even if I don't necessarily agree with all your points, I will always agree that you're free to choose. In many ways, simply sharing your life with someone without the marriage certificate is a better option.

But the way you PRESENT your case just makes you sound bitter and perhaps even a little vengeful... as if you know someone who got the short end of the stick in marriage. Do you? This rant would make more sense if you did.

• Ok so I'm not one who really cares to become married but christ most women that want to get married and twirling an evil mustache laughing manically about how they're going to royally fuck over some guy in the future.

You shouldn't marry someone unless you have been dating for a long time that you should know by that point what they truly care about in the world and if they are the spiteful kind that would try to make you suffer if you got divorced (not every woman that gets divorced tries to make the guys life a living hell). Seriously get to know the chick beforehand before getting married. Know if they're the type that does care a lot about money before hand. And before you give me the crap about them faking you should be able to tell over time if they're faking. EVERYONE has some kind of tell so if you date for awhile eventually you'd see it unless you're a moron.

• Girls are so hellebent on marriage. It's like casting a play. When they are in their 30's and desperate they look for a guy who is stable and marriage material. When they find him they say yes and bam, they swipe him and marry him lol.

• Second wife:
      -Was great at first
      -Find out over 2 year period (seems to be magic number) that she's stolen money from me
      -Called up Wife#1 to tell her I was being distant and we were having marriage issues (which was news to me...) which led Wife#1 into calling my First Sgt and reporting spousal abuse (wasn't any, she's just a nut). This was my numero uno thing you don't do to me.
      -Told my troops, in short, that I was a bad person, which led to them losing respect for me until I corrected the situation
      -Spent money frivolously and I had to bail her out numerous times
      -Went coo-coo for cocoa puffs and told me God has a plan for our marriage when I told her I wanted a divorce

Don't get married in 2016. In fact, don't ever get married. The majority of women in the west are not marriage material.

• Dude, people change.

• Her getting pregnant on purpose is the biggest trap

• And that's why you use your condoms and NEVER use a condom from a girl OR trust them when they say they are on birth control.

• @Mysterio421

What's the point of being with her, when you have an inherent mistrust for all women?

• @MaskedSanity Here we go with the all women. I never said all, but trust is earned. Same with respect, it's earned and not given on a silver platter. The point is to get laid. A lot of women 'forget' to use birth control. Condoms are 95% effective and it's the ONLY birth control a man has. Women have at least 11 forms of birth control yet somehow they accidentally get pregnant. Your my a guy so you can't experience this. I am sure you may have some female friends who have done this before.

• Women are clearly going to say no to this, and men are clearly going to say yes, both for extremely obvious reasons.

It's irrefutable that marriage benefits a woman far more than a man, and any reason a woman can think of it benefiting a man typically benefits her, too, or isn't mutually inclusive to marriage.

I think marriage without a prenup is a trap.

• However as a Man I know Marriage TODAY is a load of Crap. If a woman divorces you she can take away half of YOUR stuff plus the judiciary favors women taking care of the kids while the Man STILL has to pay child support. Some Men are willing to marry if there is a prenuptial agreement that she cannot gain sole custody of any child or ask for alimony. The problem of Alimony and Children is how some marriages suffer because the woman uses it against the Man.

• Like withholding sex and trapping them in a sexless marriage while still requiring the man to fulfill all the traditional gender roles of a male.

• True. And they get mad when you have sex with a more good woman and divorce you, take away your kids and sucks both your wallet and your life-force away. Any Man who has a sense of honour and pride in his manhood should refuse to get married in a system designed to screw men in their butth*les.

• " crying squealing little shithead kids" I am glad you love your children so darn much, here is the fact man the party has to end sometime, as a reward you get a wife who loves you and is always by your side and children who look up to you as their papa, it isn't easy for women either, they go through pregnancy and most of the time do the household chores for multiple people

• 0|1
  • Calm your nuts down bro
    If women in the west are that bad as you said why don't you go for another place or other country and get a decent wife that fits in your expectations?
    In my home country women are following the traditional social rules that consists of Taking care of her children and husband and obeying him. Beside doing the basic shores (Clean, wash and cook..)

• I say yes because we get nothing out of it really and if we divorce women get half

• It definitely can be. I plan on getting a prenup to avoid those feelings.

• The military is another biggest trap, as is a job. Hmm

• Well obviously anyone filled with hate and bias would see marriage this way but for some it works out good.

• Yes. Marriage is a losing proposition for today's men, and today's women are the reason for that. Smart men are boycotting marriage in huge numbers because of it.