Why is my wife so jealous?

why is my wife jealous when I spend time with another woman? she's my best friend, and we enjoy going out to dinner and movies and even the gym together. we even hang out at each other's homes for video games and watching Netflix together. my wife isn't into video games or certain movies, and usually does not want to go out with me. at least my friend is willing to. and we hug commonly, even in front of my wife. and my wife yelled at me for coming home from drinks with her at 4:30 AM.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly because you have a wife, you shouldn't be acting like a teen and coming home at 4:30 AM, it's not a good look for you and disrespectful to her. You are allowed to have females that are friends however there's a line, and you should communicate with her and maybe the more you invite her the more she will go with you.

• Agreed. Maybe what you should also do is when you go out with your best friend. Invite her to go along with you guys always because any women would think you are cheating on her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women need attention and you have to be willing to give it. That's the basis of a happy relationship (given that you've qualified on her other criteria).

What you're doing is neglecting her and making her feel worthless. That's exactly how she ends up ACTUALLY cheating with a guy that cares and fulfills her emotional needs.

What Girls Said 12

• If I was with a guy who spent a good deal of his time one on one with a girl and coming home at 4:30am after a night with her I'd feel pretty bad too. Hell even if that was a guy I would be jealous.

If the tables were turned you would be jealous yourself

• because she is human.. how would you feel if she was spending this much time with her guy friend.. ? Can't believe people can be so dumb..

• It's excessively spending time with someone more over yor wife. I know your wife isn't into some of the things you do, but you guys should be able to compromise, when it comes to things like this. Otherwise why did you marry her in the first place?

• is this a troll or just a dumb question? no woman wants her man spending his time with other women... if i were her id leave you, that's disrespectful you should be spending time with your wife not your little female friend infact you shouldn't even have female friends if you're married... would you like it if your wife had a guy best friend who she'd spend her time with more that she'd spend it with you?

• I've seen this exact same question posted a few times now. What are you trying to get at posting this so many times? Just saying...

• Dude, coming from a married woman, spending that much time with another person other than your wife can be frustrating. I am quite sure you barely see each other during the day and then you come home late because you find more interesting things to do with your female friend. You guys need to find a common ground.

• Because that's a completely normal thing to be jealous of. If you spend more time with another girl than you do with your own wife there's an issue.

• You are a troll, I've seen 3 versions of this question. YAWN you are a BORE!!

• she sounds like... a partner, not just a friend. maybe you married the wrong woman

• i bet you would lose it if she did the same with some other guy...
    her jealousy means she love you... dont drain her

• This is the third time you're asking this... that I know of.

• Your wife wants to be your best friend, have you tried taking her out and doing something she'd like? Maybe even talking to her about it? I completely understand why you wanna do all of that with your best friend, but I understand why your wife is jealous. Would you be jealous if she did a bunch of things with another guy?

What Guys Said 1

• For starters, spending that much time with just a friend is *strange*.

Second, have you tried to have her befriend your wife? If *they* became friends, it would be much better.