I've been meditating for years and I still feel like bashing my husband's skull in with my frying pan, why isn't the fu'king meditation not working?

I've been meditating for years and I still feel like bashing my husband's skull in with my frying pan, why isn't the fu'king meditation not working?

0|0
9|11

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) Meditation can take a very long time to have an affect. The more involved you are with something, or the more deeply rooted it is, the longer it will take. You are deeply involved with your husband and have deep rooted feeling. Dealing with him might take longer than just about anything else.

2) There are a lot of different kinds of meditation. Some work better than others. It also depends on what you are after. Some types of "meditation" are not meditation at all, they are hypnosis. One is good for you, the other is bad for one. Even with good forms of meditation, it can become hypnosis if it's done wrong.

3) You might be doing it wrong, or doing it for the wrong reasons, or doing it with the wrong frame of mind.

4) If you are doing meditation and your husband is not, you guys might be on completely different wavelengths. If you are expecting him to be some kind of spiritual being and he is not, that can be a big problem. In other words you may be holding him to a different standard than most of society would.

5) You are being reactionary. That's exactly the kind of thing that meditation should counter. If you are losing your center and reacting to things, see #1-3. It can take a very long time of doing it properly to remain non-reactionary under all situations.

6) You shouldn't be looking at your husband so much as looking at your reaction to him.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Often times meditation isn't enough to come to terms with annoying traits in him, or conflicts that may arise between you two.

Try to continue meditating, but also voicing some of your concerns to him when you feel like meditation will not suffice as a resolution to that particular issue. Otherwise, it's very easy for smaller issues to increase in intensity and eventually make you completely lose it (hence the bashing his head in) as you reach the inevitable breaking point.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• lol i am a cartoonist thank you for that image. I have a new shirt idea now. thank you

prayer and meditation are to be used at the same time. I feel they both need to work together or not at all. prayer is talking to your Higher power, meditation is listening to it.

TM is just a easy mantra repeated quietly in your soul 20 min. ata time before eating. Mornings and before dinner, no music or distractions. We are going to have plenty of thoughts running through our dumb ass brains. easy as it came in allow it to pass and refocus on the mantra once again without restarting over. Do not meditate on a thought or a goal you want to achieve. That is what prayer is for.
    Meditation will tell you what your body or soul needs. If you get tired like I know some do while meditating then that is your body telling you, you need rest or sleep.

Bashing a frying pan thoughts are you allowing some other distraction to take your peace away from you. You are not focused on your center and that could mean you have some things to work on yourself. Anger arises from Fears and are the main reason and underlined feeling for all thoughts of discomfort. So evaluate yourself by asking your Higher power to guide you. And give it away.
    We cannot control people but we can control our thought process of why things bother us and have the ability to hamper our mental mindsets.
    You are human and that is the best we can get, knowing we cannot control others of their behaviors is a bit like handing over problems that arise to God.

Meditation has the power to change the world around you, starting by changing your outlook and perception of the world around you.. you obviously already know this. by allowing anger you are choosing a situation to control you. which you cannot afford.
    He may still need to be hit by a frying pan, but allow God to do this for you.

congratulations on continued meditation everybody needs this.

1|0
    0|0
  • Meditation can't save a bad marriage. Either the two of you have to work together to resolve your issues, or you may need a divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because you won't let go of the anger.

0|2
    1|0
  • Well... Meditation for all intents and purposes only gives you a better understanding of the nature of things. Meditation will not change A to B. If your husband is an idiot then you will see his idiotic tendencies a little clearer.

I'd recommend something soft... like newspaper? Unless he's dense. Really dense with his very own event horizon. Then probably anti-matter cannon will do the trick.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is scientific proof that meditation does work. It's not a cure all though. Perhaps you're not meditating properly. The ultimate goal of meditation is to clear your mind and think of nothing. The empty mind. Something worth noting is if you are continually around something that bothers you, you have a couple choices. Alter it or get away from it. Meditation is meant to calm your mind not solve your problems in a physical sense. You can't expect others to change or your surroundings with meditation. Meditation is a tool that can help you think logically to find a solution, its difficult to think logically when you're stressed out. Check out sadhguru- how to conquer anger on YouTube. Best of luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause meditation doesn't work.

0|0
    1|1
  • "Why isn't the fu'king meditation not working".. What? Really? Your grammar needs some work.

0|0
    0|0
  • what did he do?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he needs his head bashed in?

0|0
    0|0
  • Meditation will not cure mental illness.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes meditation doesn't work because you have a lot of anger and or resentment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meditating isn't for everyone... I would recommend getting a divorce instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go on a retreat...

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL!! Probably because he's an asshole?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should get a divorce

0|1
    0|0
  • Calm down and divorce him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be your hubby is an asshole? If so meditation won't help.

0|0
    0|0
  • bc your marraige is shit

1|0
    0|0