How often do couples have sex?

Me and my husband have been married almost 10 years. We have 3 kids. He has two from a previous relationship me and him have a son together. We usually have sex about once or twice a month or just whenever we feel like it. Is that how often we should do it? Should we do it more or less?

Most Helpful Girl

• You got married between the age of 8 and 14 and have given birth 3 times? That's like a medical miracle. I think you should stop having sex altogether, or at least use protection.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are between 18-24 and have been married close to 10 years. What is wrong with this picture?

How often SHOULD you do it? there are no rules, no should.

Some couples sex lives drop to less that once or twice a month, but usually not in the first ten years. Some couples are doing a couple of times a week in their fifties. some couples are like rabbits.

• I prefer the rabbit option lol

hell a couple of times a week would be better than once a month

• Honestly, most people prefer the rabbit idea, but many have enough going on to make that not happen.

What Girls Said 6

• I have a feeling it should be more, but there are couples who have it even less, sometimes we have sex everyday when we can and time permits others its a few times a week

• Psychologists say that having sex once a week is best in order to ensure a happy marriage.

• How old are you, and how old is your husband? At the most you're my age, and so I have to ask since he already has 2 kids and you've been married for almost 10 years. If he's really old, once or twice a month is to be expected, as men lose their sex drive as they age whereas women crave it more when they reach maturity.

• Married for almost 10 yrs? But you're 18-24. Did you get married when you were 8-14 yro?😐

• Did you lie about your age? No way you've been married for 10 years...

• With that much responsibility, it's understandable but not really, by definition, healthy. Most happy and well adjusted couples procreate an average of 2-3 times a week.

What Guys Said 11

• How is his and your libido? Are you both satisfied with the amount of sex? If both of you are satisfied, then there's no need to change the amount.

• It depends on how many more children you want. According to a sexology professor I once met, twice a week gives you the best odds of pregnancy. Otherwise, it's how often you can fit it in and are willing to go through the trouble.

• Wow you got married super young

• per wikipedia it a sexless marrage is a couple who does it less than 10 times a year. but every relationship is different and every person is different so its up to you and your hubby to find out what is right for you

• Hehehehehehehehe :^)
    Is this a joke?

• In a relationship i tell you by my experience we have sex 5 out of 7 days about 20 a month and i feel like more and more all the time but the thing is how old are you guys? is there any problems?

• That's about average.. Maybe slightly below.. My wife and I have been married almost 4 years and have 2 kids, we have sex about 5-6 times a month.

• Sigh. As I always say, sex in relationships and marriage ALWAYS go downhill. It NEVER gets better.

• more often,
    you are both still young but not like 3 times a day once or twice a day should be good

• You guys should do it as much as you like.

• That's about as often as my wife and I, maybe slightly more. That little puts a massive damper on how connected I feel. I'd be happier at 3-5 times a week (and i'd be fine with more if she wanted). Thats now that i'm older, when i was 30, i would have wanted daily and the infrequency just... crushed me.

But it's a matter of how often you two want and how happy you are.