Does higher education dim marriage prospects?

Does higher education dim marriage prospects ?

How does it affect a marriage if a woman is more educated or earn more than her husband?

• Yes , " Give a reason "
    30% (3)43% (3)35% (6)Vote
  • no, " Give a reason
    70% (7)57% (4)65% (11)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I think - yup!
    Why?
    Because those with higher education seem to overthink everything + they don't make stupid mistakes nearly as often as people who never went to college did. Maybe because of all the lack of free time or maybe because they just analyze every situation.
    Who knows...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In the U. S., no.

Marriage rates are collapsing among low income men and women.

Marriage is still common among higher earning couples. In a lot of ways marriage is a who gets what and what's the kids name and is he gonna be involved if he's paying child support deal. So people with money marry (and split up less).

Dating is a little different.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• possibly. I'm not sure. id just like him to be on a similar level.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• There is no barring on it other than one that is superficial and therefore the problem doesn't lay with the nature of the act, but rather the people involved.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup it can.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah I don't think most guys care too much about that

0|1
    0|0
  • no people with a higher education are more likely to be married. i think though that its more likely for a man with a higher education to be married than it is for a women.

0|0
    0|0
  • For a man. NO. Higher education means better marriage prospects if we look at it from the perspective of women wanting to date and eventually marry you.

For a women. Yes. Higher education and therefore better paying jobs mean a woman's dating pool shrinks further since women are hypergamous and do not date down. They will have a smaller selection of men who are better than them/bring in more money than them willing to date them. Worse yet, the competition for these men will be fierce than those of men they deem unworthy of their affection.

0|0
    0|0