Do you believe marriage can last in our generation?

Do you believe marriage can last in our generation? Can't we hope?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that we're the last generation where marriage where marriage will still be the norm, but that after us--say 30 years down the line--marriage will all but be gone except for the really religious and traditional who otherwise stay to themselves anyway. Simply put, the sexual revolution what with its feminism and LGBT fetish has altered the cultural landscape too much where anything even remotely traditional is viewed as archaic and has no place. Hell, people don't even want to accept their gender what with the trans thing; you really think they're going to accept marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• yea but in rare cases... this generation (mostly) doesn't even know what love is and they keep making up these definitions and "symptoms/signs" and all that idiocy and then jump from one relationship... or should i say hookup... to another

people used to give it their all, and it was beautiful
    aaaaalllll your firsts were with one person and that was love because you're risking getting your heart shattered but you still trust them enough with it

but yea, marriage is REAL commitment not for this sad generation :( not for all anyway

What Guys Said 17

• It isn't as common now a day for a marriage to last , with so many things designed to destroy it. Me and my wife are on year 18 . We have just as many hard times now as we ever did or just as many as any other couple , how you deal with them determine if you will last

• i absolutely do believe marriage can last. to say it can't last would be to suggest that 100% of the current or potential marriages will fail which obviously isn't true

• Yes, it can last, why not however both the partners must be willing to give 100% without ever losing motivation to stay in the marriage.

• Yes I do believe so, but A LOT less than it did years and years ago. Like I've said plenty of times, this generation is maturing very slowly and is more focused on hookups rather than actual relationships, which leaves us, the ones who want relationships, screwed.

• 5 percent maybe

• It can, but there are so little people in our generation that would like their marriage to last before their ultimate happiness. A marriage lasts if both parties want to make it last and it is not cheap. Does it generate greater good for its cost? Open for discussion. But, there is no way a marriage will work if you think you simply can walk out of it when you are not as happy as you were in the beginning.

• Well if you find someone who's committed and you don't give each other a reason to stop wanting to stay committed, then sure.

Then again, why do people need a legal pact to ensure that they'll stay together? Do they really trust each other?

• I'll be damned if I can find it but I know I read somewhere that the stats are something like 15% of married couples are happy over the long term.

• No. & no. (Opinion based on observation & knowlage of sociology) people change. Interests change. We evolve in our developement & we like variety along the way to a precieved DISTANT death.

• of course it can and some form of it always will

• On the normal bases nope but there r always few exceptions

• They can last, yes. But are they likely to last? No.

• Nope, too bad because the kids will suffer.

• Nope, there is no good reason to get married.

• Why? Be honest.

• @redeyemindtricks You're very nice. But I don't see it happening again.

• Now, see, yr totally making me want to, like, bake you a fucking lasagna or something. WHAT ARE THESE MATERNAL INSTINCTS.

• yeah, if you don't marry a bitch or baster

• No. Not a chance of it.

People are selfish filth. The sooner you accept that and plan it into your life, the better off you'll be.

• of course. humans can return to the virtues of the past

What Girls Said 11

• im 110% sure it can. the only problem is that our generation is lazy. watch the exceptions to that prove that it can last.

• Yes, I do. BUT, people have to learn to not jump into things so quickly and really get to know the person before they decide to put a ring on it.

• All hope is not lost (at least I don't think so), but correct me if I'm wrong (I'm just an inexperienced teenager making biased observations) but people do seem to be much more flippant about getting divorced, I think that old attitude of staying together and trying to work things out for everyone else's benefit too, may have been lost in a few people.

• I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I am very happily married but If somethings not working for the majority then I think it's best to maybe stop for a minute and review it see if theirs anything that can be updated. it's a very old institution and is from a period from when woman were more or less the property of their Husbands so I think an upgrade could probably be useful. a lot of things have changed in the last 100 or so years alone!

• It could last, but I think people now are too selfish. Marriage is a long hard road and lots of work and compromise and times of unhappiness. Most people crack and run at the first sign of hardship

• Hahaha I won't XD

• Absolutely, it just takes two people who truly love and care for each other and are willing to put in the effort

• I have known young people getting married in their twenties and know they are in their late twenties so yes I would say its possible

• With the right person yes

• It's harder, but it can.

• Of course.