What's the best way to ask: Will you marry me?

• Candle lit dinner at home, just the 2 of you
  • Dinner at a fancy restaurant, propose in front of everyone
  • Propose in front of friends & family
  • Picnic in the Park
  • Propose when on Holiday/Vacation on a beach
  • Take her away for a weekend to somewhere like Paris
  • Spell out "Will you marry me" with red roses

Most Helpful Girl

• This would definitely depend on the type of girl. For me personally, I like options A and E the most. At home or on vacation would be nice, but either way, I would only want it to be me and him. I would hate for the guy to propose in front of a lot of people, I would be embarrassed and feel so much pressure. I'm not the type of person that likes to have a lot of attention placed on me. I'm very simple and value smaller, more intimate events for things like this.

• Yo may think that, but to him, you are larger than life.

• Why does it depend on "the type of girl", and not just the type of person? And why would you hate for "the guy" to propose in front of a lot of people, and not just the person?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would take her to her favorite place of town, a place she loves being at and where she feels comfortable, and where we can be just the two of us. Late in the evening, during sunset.

I don't like to do extravagant things for this kind of stuff cause it's something private bout her and I, so it should be kept between me and her, no one else, and doing bigger stuff I'd feel like it'll put more attention than it should on the rest than on the proposal.
    I'm a simple man, and I like simple women, I know the women I'll marry will love the way I'll propose :)

What Girls Said 22

• Anything on the beach wins my heart, so i voted for it, but for me its more about his decision- where he feels is the best place. I want him to think of what the location means to him too, not just to me, so that while i enjoy the thrill of a proposal and a ring, he enjoys my reaction in a place holds significance in his heart.

• Any situation where it's not in front of other people. A proposal is a private moment between a couple! I voted D because that's how it happened for me. We were in a public park but sitting alone under a tree. Best picnic ever 😊

• Awww weekend in Paris sounds sooo sweet. But I also like the simple things in life like a candlelit dinner at home

• Something fairly private. That way there's not pressure to say yes and it won't be as awkward if the answer is no

• I like A and D the best. I'm pretty awkward and shy and I don't like huge displays of affection in public, y'know? I mean, I'm sure proposing in front of loads of people is lovely for some girls and it's definitely brave, but it's just not something that I'd be really comfortable with, having everyone looking at me and feeling judged :P I'd feel kinda pressured into it because I wouldn't want to say no and humiliate my partner, so I'd prefer it was just the two of us and it was calmer and I was able to fully appreciate it.

• If you have talked about marriage before and you know 100% she will say yes then feel free to go all out in public or with friends and family. However, if you aren't certain on her answer I would advise you to keep it private so that she does not feel pressure from others to say yes. Another good idea is to discreetly film the proposal (have a camera recording nearby) so that if she says yes you two can still share the moment with others :)

• DO NOT GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEE (S).

Do not.

Okay, I'm done here.

• Really? I'd love that...

• That's good then that different guys like different kinds of girls then huh?
      I'm sure your guy would know how you feel going into it.

• From the heart. Just whatever you truly feel you NEED to say that. Not some pre determined speech or one liner that worked for someone else. Even if it sounds corny or cheesy say whatever you feel in your heart. This is one of those times where it's ok to be cheesy. I'd do it in private though. Lot less pressure on both of you. And it's yours and hers moment no one elses.

• During a one on one date at home out of these. In a park or something would be good too. I would prefer to be alone together though.

• I'm not opposed to an intimate dinner at a restaurant but PLEASE for the love of God don't make sure everyone is paying attention. Too much pressure.

• None of the above. It needs to be something original as fuck. If I ever propose to someone I'll make sure I blow his/her mind.

• On a vacation, for sure. Or take her to a fancy restaurant and have the restaurant staff help u out, make it really creative. Whatever you do, make it creative and its really the thought that counts.

• Anywhere not in public or around people works for me.

• Personally, I wouldn't want an audience. Also, the whole romantic trip thing is so cliche as to be ridiculous.

• Take her away somewhere romantic. Ask her privately... some place beautiful and peaceful.

• I think something romantic suited to you both, private and then just get down on one knee and ask

• Weekend in Paris or candle lit dinner at home works for me.

• if you aren't good with words, just write it with something

• well my boyfriend asked me if i wanted to marry him in bed. after we had sex. i know its not "romantic" or creative but it's ok.

• Take her to the local landfill and have her dig through piles of trash for the ring. After she finds it propose to her.

• Have sex with your girlfriend first then wait a few minutes and get on your knees and ask will you marry me? LOL!!! That happen to me its a true story and I said yes I even cried.

• I think she will be happy with whatever you do. But I think it would be best to go somewhere that means a lot to both of you and is quiet but also romantic if you have some friends and family that you are really close to you can have them there but it's a moment meant for just the two of you.

What Guys Said 15

• 1. It is VERY old fashioned, but consider talking to her father first. If she is an adult, you do not need his permission, but you would like to have his blessing. This starts you out getting respect from her dad. If she is older and has adult children, talk to the leader among the children, for the same reason.

2. You can get an engagement ring from a jeweler and most will allow you to return the ring and trade up if what you selected is not to her liking. So, begin with something modestly priced but have a ring. Yes, she wants to pick out the ring, but she also wants a ring on her finger as soon as she says "yes."

3. Don't ask in public or in front of family. What if her answer is "no?" This is too much pressure.

4. Don't ask at dinner. This is an emotional moment in both lives and you want privacy.

5. Don't ask in a setting where alcohol is involved.

6. Ask in a place that has some meaning to her as well as yourself. Most girls go apeshit if you take them back to where you had your first date and propose in that location.

7. Consider asking in a place that you can return to on your first anniversary.

8. One poster said do not get down on one knee, and she candidly admitted that her opinion is an extreme one. Receiving a proposal is something that a girl has fantasized about for most of her life and most girls fantasize about you getting down on one knee. Unless you know that your girl is anti-traditional, do it in the traditional way.

9. If you ask her father's blessing in advance, you can ask her family to arrange a surprise engagement party for later the same day. She wants to show off to her family and friends as soon as possible and this gives her the opportunity.

10. There are many ideas that sound romantic but have been done many times: hot air balloon, on the beach and you write "will you marry me" in the sand, etc. Avoid the cliches and make sure that it sounds like your idea and not something that you read about in a magazine.

You "owe us" (it would be nice to hear) an update after you decide on how to do it and actually propose. Remember that how you propose and how you plan for your marriage is an opportunity to see how you will work together as a couple; be thoughtful, be respectful, and let your actions reflect your love.

Good luck!

• Depends on what your spouse likes. I think if you're gonna ask for marriage you'd better know the exact way they want to be proposed to.

• cdn.emgn.com/.../Marriage-Proposals-EMGN39.jpg
    get that bitch a pebble.
    bitches love pebbles

• These all sound good. But I'd probably say Paris. I'd bend the knee under the Eifel Tower.

• Take her to the place you had your very first date.

• At the gym.. in between sets.. on leg day..

• How about when you're spotting her? Hand her the ring instead of the bar? I love it!

• @BelleGirl21 Thanks for giving me the best proposal idea.. I'll let you know when it works for me.

• Eiffel tower for sure and if she says no, you can always jump

• Pick one thing that both of you really enjoy doing together eg: walks in the park, chess games, dancing in the living room etc. and use that to give you some ideas on how to do it and creative or funny ways for proposing. I hope she's right for you and good luck man!

• Try getting your hands on a chocolate case for a ring covered in plastic so it doesn't touch the chocolate.
    Tell her, "let's have an everlasting marriage" "accept my offerings to you as my wife and I promise you that you will never know hunger, or sadness again" "unless ofcorse... you like gain a few pounds" "do you accept?"

If she said yes "Up up right▲x x▲■ left ■ L1+F2" "new taunt unlocked, so fabulous!" ignore that...

• DON'T. Marriage is dumb. Why chew one tasteless piece of gum when you can sample every flavour?

• As long as you make her feel special, and your question is sincere

• Just imagine, a warm night beautiful sunset on a beach the glow of the fading sun. just the two of you.

• Wow so primitive ya? Like fuck creativity.

• Dontgoto paris, sorry but the terrorism shit there is bad. I would say picnic, you can make it and put the ring in there and when yiu gettinng out the food, you pull out the ring.

• Walk up to her and be like "Hey lets get married, I bought the ring, here it is" and then you give it to her. If women are expecting some elaborate proposal and crap then they should do it themselves, I dont understand why you need to do all this stuff for her to marry you. Its not like she is going to act like a traditional women did 75 years ago, why should you do something traditional when you aren't getting that in return?