Guy's if you had to choose, would you put your mom are you wife first? Lady's who do you think should come first?

1. Wife
Guy's if you had to choose, would you put your mom are you wife first? Lady's who do you think should come first?2. Mom
I choose 1.
Please comment or vote thanks!

• Wife
  • Mom

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what you mean by "put first". I think parents must accept that their children have to live their own lives. It's inappropriate for an adult to pay too much attention to the desires of his parents. He, like they should be focusing on the next generation.

So I'd say neither, the children come first then the spouse then the parents a distant third. That's a healthy family in my opinion. Adults give to the next generation, that's what they are for.

• If its about the kids, then your would probably choose your wife.

What Guys Said 18

• My wife will always come before anyone else

• Probably my wife as she's the woman that I will be raising my children with and trying to get through life with for the rest of it. You can never replace my mom as she was the woman who gave me life and raised my sorry ass up to be the man I am today (I love you mom). But you have to put your wife first or your marriage is down the gutter.

• Once a man is grown and married, it's all about his loving his wife and keeping their marriage happy. He will still love his mother but he wouldn't let his mom control his relationship.

• I wouldn't be able to choose. If I found myself in such a situation, I would go on strike and beg the two most important women in my life to come to a resolution since the tension is tearing me apart. If they truly loved me, then they would understand.

• My wife should be my number one priority. But if you are talking in terms of a disagreement between my mom and my wife, then it depends on who i feel is right.

• Id expect my wife not to put me in that situation and for her to have the same desire as me to have both our families happy. Id put her mother ahead of me and id expect the same for her since our mothers deserve their wishes to be completed before they part this world.

Sorry wifey but your going to have to have more honour than the regular gal, according to the polls I see

• Wife.

My mom has never been there for me. So it's hard for me to show her love and affection. However, if you asked "Dad or wife", this would be an extremely tough question, haha.

I know for a fact that I'll have my wife's back 100% of the time and I'll always be there for her. And she'll do the same for me.

• Maybe mom, I think modern wives only "love" their husband as long as its convenient. My mom has always loved me, even when its difficult. Mom wins.

• Tough question. My mom has given everything to me, but if I ever get married I'd put my wife first. Finding a woman worthy of being top priority? Good luck to me! Lol

• It'll depend on what the situation is about. I'll make a rational decision.

• If we were just dating, it's my mom first. If we're engaged, that's super tough design wise, and if we're married, wife first

• Ofcorse my wife even though my mom supported me all my life.
    All though it will be unlikely to be wrong.

• Definitely my mom.

• When I'm married my wife will be my number one priority, above all else.

• It would depend upon the situation in which has happened.

• Mom of course.. hahaha!!

• My wife is only likely to be around for 3-5 years, so why would I put her first?

• Kind of a silly question, yes?

What Girls Said 14

• The wife took the mom's place as the most important woman in the man's life when he got married.

If the mom can't accept that then that's a problem.

The wife should ALWAYS be the number one female in the man's life.

The mom is the number one woman to her husband. And she cannot be the number one woman in a married son's life if she wants her son's marriage to survive.

• Mom.

I'm sorry, but my mom is my savior and she's been with me through the worst. She's put me through hell too at times, but no one can replace her. That's not to say I wouldn't care about my spouse, but mama comes before everyone, even myself.

• I will never put my man in a situation of choosing between me and his mother. We are both two important women in his life i think a guy needs both , Actually my man doesn't have a good realtionship with his mom but i always try to push him to call her and stuff like that

• I think that even though you still have an obligation to your parents as you age, that once you're married, your new family should be your first priority.

• I think "mom" is a positively ridiculous answer here, and I'd immediately judge anyone who'd pick it as a positively ridiculous person.

Full disclosure: I was raised by a single dad, my husband's biological "mother" just up and decided she didn't want him one day, and his second-chance mother was so bad that he just packed his shit and hit the bricks when he was 15. Biased much? I think so. (:

What's it like having a mom who's actually a mom, anyhows? Seems suffocating to me, tbh.

• I know this was for the guys but the thought of making someone choose between his mother and his wife is so uncomfortable. Both are very important to him and if there's a problem we should be able to figure it out without having to choose one over the other, unless someone was just being completely out of line. Everyone has to recognize boundaries and respect each other.

• I think it really depends on the situation.

• Justice come first.

He should think rationally but when supporting one, he shouldn't be rude with the other.

• I think making someone choose is ridiculous. I would never argue with my husband or boyfriend's mother, even if she was the biggest bitch on the planet. If she was annoying we could just limit contact between the two of us. I would still want him to see his mother. There isn't going to be any arguing, comparing, replacing or drama with me. She's his mother and I want her in his life because I love him.

• I don't think that's a mother and son. They have no features in common. Different jaws, different eyes, different eyebrows, different noses. And physically they don't look too different in age maybe like 15 years apart max. She's a cougar!

I'd personally would choose spouse. You put them above all else (excluding children)

• The significant other should come first in my opinion

• It depends. If my mom or dad really needed something I would help them before helping my husband with something he could do himself.

• Your wife should be first

• I would think the spouse, since they are building or have built a life together.