Do almost all military wives cheat?

I'm going to be joining the military for around 6-8 years after I'm done high school. I also want to be married, and cheating is something I'll never do and I refuse to put up with it from the other person. But I also hear that many soldiers marry some pretty trashy girls that marry so that they can cheat in the first place. Based on those with experience in these matters, would I just as likely to be cheated on if I married a VERY non trashy, self-respected, Christian girl, like whom I will probably be marrying in a year or so (- my girlfriend -). I just want to make sure, because the last thing I want would be divorced and then pay child support and get in this huge wrecking ball, and have wasted all that time being with a women who doesn't give a **** about me.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not almost all. Some do, that is the sad truth. But I come from a large military family. My grandmothers never cheated on my grandfathers (both of my parent's dad's were military). My mom never cheated on my dad. My aunts never cheated on their husbands. My cousin doesn't cheat on her husband.

I dated a marine, and even when he went on tour, I did not cheat. You just need to find the right woman with a good morality and values. There is still no guarantee, but there should be trust and respect in the relationship.

What Girls Said 4

• No she won't cheat on u I don't think so if she have strong believe, try to make sure ask friends about her

• I would say no, most military wives are faithful I believe.

• As you said, they hook up with trashy girls. And many military men surprisingly do. It's like, you can do better. But it's their choice.

• Oh, and based on what my brothers in the military and friends, lots and lots of them cheat on their bfs/gfs when deployed.
      This is kinda why I really don't ever wanna date someone in the service. Maybe if I knew him beforehand well enough.

• I am disappointed lol!!

• No I don't think you can generalise on wheather someone is a military wife, that's like saying do all cooks have pimples? It's a huge generalisation, it's the type of woman not the man's profession

What Guys Said 7

• Why do you want to get married so soon? It takes a special person to be with a military member. It's not because of the distance or crazy moves that you do, but what gets most people is the unknown. Sometimes, your significant other will not be able to contact you; they worry, and that stress ultimately makes them leave. I've seen a lot of people get divorced. It's just not worth it if you're going in for 6 years. Wait, then get married. More importantly, many military wives get fat.

• I am retired military. Many military wives do cheat. Most do not. But the number of military members who cheat themselves is astronomical. I was really amazed at all the cheating and lying that went on.

• 0|0
  • it is different for everyone in this area. there are always some that do cheat and some that dont. the ones that will cheat it doesn't matter if you are home every night or gone for a year at a time. no one goes in to a marriage hoping to be cheated on but you go in to marriage trusting the other person untill proven other wise

• Yes, almost all. IF you don't want yours to , make sure you buy her a hell lot of dildos before leaving.

• My brother was USAF and his wife didn't cheat. My son-in-law is USN and my daughter hasn't cheated. Sure, it happens, but I don't think it's as bad as you've heard. At least no worse than society at large.

• Not all of them do but I would say a good majority do. But if you're gone for long periods of time what are you expect. Not really fair for you to expect us to go that long without sex