If you got married and your spouse said they were not going to wear the ring, how would you react?

It happened to me : I know a ring is nothing if somebody wants to be unfaithful, but I really like to see it on my partner's finger as a symbol of our marriage. He refuses to wear it, he says it's for old or gay people. I didn't expect this and now I'm so so sad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Gay people? As in the ones who were just legally ALLOWED to marry each other at all the last few years?

He's either stupid, looking for an excuse (a really stupid one) to not wear it so that way he can cheat, or both.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be kind of bummed too. You just marry this guy, you are in love and then he tells you "nope, that ring, not wearing it". And his excuse is pretty lame in my opinion. I think it's pretty awesome that gay people can get married now. They had to fight for something that so many people could just do without thinking about it, because a few people thought it was wrong.

To me, I would be honoured to share something in common with someone who was gay and was finally able to marry.

What Guys Said 4

• Wife works at a factory where her hand could get caught if any jewelry is worn. No problem here. by the way, never got her a ring. Got her laser eye surgery instead.

• i'm a guy that doesn't and can not wear a ring to to my job. my wife was like you and always wanted me to wear it untill one day i forgot too take it off at work and i almost lost my finger do to the ring. how would you feel if he lost his finger or he took it off at work and lost it ether way i have a feeling you would be up set. please try to see his point if view on it
    sorry if this sounded harsh but this is what really happened to me. if it means so much to you ask him if he is willing to wear it when the both of you go out or on special occasions

• Well, my husband works from home, only with his laptop, so I don't think that's a problem. And obviously if his job offered him some kind of risk due to it I wouldn't mind him taking it off, but my husband is not willing to wear it AT ALL.

• if thats the case and i worked from home like he does i would ware it just because you would want me to and because i love you. sorry i cannt give you any suggestions on how to get him ware it.

• Fine because that means I just saved several thousand dollars! :)

• I honestly wouldn't care.

What Girls Said 13

• I would have an urge to say ok sure, I'm not wearing mine either. Because I don't want to feel old or feel like I'm a lesbian (but that's such a stupid/childish excuse)

I wouldn't be happy. I understand if he needs to take it off when his at work, but if he didn't want to wear it when his out and about with me, I don't know what to think. But be slightly sad

• I would feel that he wasn't really proud of showing off his commitment to me. I'd be disappointed in him

• I'd do the same thing, especially if he doesn't want to wear his, cause I see rings as accessory/jewelry. But seriously should have told you about this before marriage, or talked about it and made you feel better about it now that it's known. Just tell him how you feel without accusations tone. Just a sweet heart to heart when you two are in a good moment.

• No excuse for not wearing it. Seriously, I tried thinking about one right now but nothing comes to mind. The stuff he says is just ridiculous.

• I feel like we already started it the wrong way :(

• Don't say that, sure it's not a fairytale beginning but maybe if he understands that it means more for you if he wears it that it does for him if he doesn't...

• I wouldn't care what ring he wass wearing on his hand as long as mine was the only pussy he was wearing on his dick. Rings and other symbols like that don't mean anything to me.

by the way, guys have an easier time being unfaithful WITH the ring on, given how much some women like to fuck married men.

• I wouldn't like it either. I suggested him to wear the ring on a necklace. I think wedding rings are a symbol.

• I'd be sad, I really really hope my boyfriend will wear his when we get married

• I would be hurt and probably have a fight becuz I'm pretty sure he wants to look single

• I don't care about the ring.
    It looks handsome on guys but not a must for them to wear.

• ... Did you two go to a store, decide on a ring that he would like, get it sized, bought it, only to have him say that he did not want to wear it?

I would be okay had we discussed it, but he's an idiot for wasting money!

(Also incredibly rude to use insults as poor excuses!)

To summarize: disappointed, but shows need to improve communication.

• My dad did that but it was so he could cheat. my mom stopped wearing as well.

• I'd be like: "the fuck? We're married and you ARE going to wear it."

• That's a piss poor excuse. It kind of makes it seem like he wants to look available.