Does this man want to marry me?

If he tells me that I'm a part of his life, and when he told me he wants us to be married (a month ago, or bit more), and said he wishes we could just elope bc thinking of wedding stresses him out, and then he laughed at what he said and I was like I don't know about eloping! He said he wasn't serious about eloping and but, that he really wants us to be married to each other but just wants to save up for ring and wedding first, that finances are the only thing holding him back right now.

Do you think he's serious about me? He tells me he loves me and is very serious about me, waiting for me as well bc I'm saving myself for marriage. He even said he'd convert to marry me, but he still didn't convert yet, I think he sees it as some sort part of the Marriage ceremony thing and it's not. he should convert before ever getting to marriage.

What Guys Said 1

• Tricky one maybe he does but seems to be full of excuses about it. Only time will tell. Good luck

• Thanks. We've been dating consistently for 5.5 months. Though Even I feel I can need just a little more time before proposal, bc of this. even though we've been on and off for a year, we broke up bc of me that one time, rejected him for telling me he won't budge. Then we reconnected and he said he would, and we rediscussed this topic two more times since 5 months (since the time we reconnected).

I've dated a sociopath before so I don't think he is one, from my experience. And this one, he said he loves me. Acts like it. Calls me everyday, treats me right, takes me out, picks me up, emotionally supportive, wants me with him when invited by friends...

I agree with you though that only time will tell. But seriously I think I've gotten so much out of my comfort zone with him and for him, and I wish I can bring up gently the topic of learning more about my culture so he can at least realize he needs to make me feel that he respects and appreciates that part of me. That's all I want.

• :) thank you very much thats very kind of you. I think I'll do that, sounds like a solid plan.

• Your welcome :-)

What Girls Said 2

• What is the point in him converting for you? That means nothing to god whatsoever. He should convert because he, himself actually believes in god otherwise it is just a lie. I think you might just have to accept him as he is because even if he officially changes his religion and starts attending church because he loves you, it means nothing because he doesn't truly believe. And god doesn't want lip service.

• He believes on God already, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered having a relationship.

• no one should 'convert' to something they don't truly believe in just to get married. it would be selfish on your side to expect he'd do so. no surprise he's so stressed about the whole marriage thing. why wouldn't you 'convert' then? you see this isn't going to work particularly well. thus said, whatever he could have said about marriage remains talk, maybe cause he knows that's what you want to hear.

• Thanks. We've been dating consistently for 5.5 months. Though Even I feel I can need just a little more time before proposal, bc of this. Yes I am worried he is only saying this bc it's what I want to hear.
      Though I've dated a sociopath before so I don't think he is one, from my experience. And this one, he said he loves me. Acts like it. Calls me everyday, treats me right, takes me out, picks me up, emotionally supportive, wants me with him when invited by friends... very consistent except for developing his cultural sensitivity, and I know part of that is my fault for not talking enough about it and introducing more to him.

But seriously I think I've gotten so much out of my comfort zone with him and for him, and I wish I can bring up gently the topic of learning more about my culture so he can at least realize he needs to make me feel that he respects and appreciates that part of me, bc occasionally he says something really dumb. Its only fair we compromise this way.

What are y

• What I'm talking about with compromise. Back then when we broke up neither of us were compromising or acknowledged it as an option because we were so new to each other and our cultural differences even when we really liked each other and felt so compatible. both feared rejection. So a few weeks later I reached out since I initiated the break up, and we gave it a shot and agreed on compromises we both will make before we moved forward.

The conversion part is mostly just the official thing because he already believes. that's a compromise on him that was agreed. It's more important to me than to him that he makes it official. he said he doesn't think he can a couple separate times during the past few months though, but each time he said that, when he talked to me again about his concerns, he decided he could do it for me and was cool with it.

• He knows I accept him as he is. Although I'd prefer he converts & has more faith, it's mostly about my family. They are really strict/religious and he knows that this is the main reason why we'd need him to make it official, convert. And we understand that we'd rather figure out compromises than to just give up on each other when it's this good.