What are some ideas to proposing to a man?

I want to propose to my boyfriend. We've been together 3 years and 4 months. I don't want to wait until he proposed to me, so why not proposed to him. I've only meet his family once so that idea is gone out the window. I'm trying to think of a amazing proposal for my boyfriend that he will adore but I don't know where to start. So can you give me some great ideas and tips on how to propose to a man?

Most Helpful Girl

• Um I don't know if it's a good idea... if he was ready for marriage he would have asked you. But if you want to do it don't do it in public it will probably make him feel awkward and when someone does a public proposal the person is more likely to say yes to avoid embarrassment. Do something personal and private. Make the scene where ever it may be, some place special to both of you. Then say something sweet and tell him that even though it's usually the man that proposes you love him and you are ready to be his wife.
    You are like Monica proposing to Chandler on Friends lol. Best of luck to you.

What Guys Said 5

• That's a good question, yes there are some ideas

• Drop hints, tell him you want to get married etc but let him propose. it will be awkward if not and forever and a day he will have to feel that way when people ask how he proposed or when a proposal is in a movieTV show, or a fun proposal makes the news etc.

• If you go to a knee, he'll reflexively go for his zipper, so don't do *that*... It'll totally ruin the moment...

• Bad idea, he won't like it

• I feel like most men don't like to be surprised in front of large crowds or anything, so I would rule that out. My suggestion would be to go out to a fancy dinner and propose to him there where he won't feel too awkward.

What Girls Said 1

• I never know girls can propose. Just don't bring him a ring it may turn him off. Tell him now you are ready to marry him anytime he want. If he didn't take a move. Keep talking about ur plans of wedding day. Like if he proposed. maybe he is too shy to propose