Public proposal VS Private proposal?

Hi, this is very strange to ask but i never liked public proposals, they seem like a emotional blackmail, is more hard for a person to reject a proporsal in public because they know how humiliating it will be for the one who propose.
I really thick that public proposal should not be a thing.

• Public proposal
  • Private proposal

What Girls Said 1

• Private proposal, I wouldn't let anyone know until a week ago before wedding night to be ready.

. the reason is in Saudi Arabia we feel insecure if people know we are happy it will ruin everything to us
    So I really hope even planning wedding in priavte.. Cuz u have no idea how we here in Saudi Arabia are biggest hidden for our happiness Before things get proved
    We don't tell if we:
    In relationship
    Engaged
    Going to work
    Before going to collage
    Before 4 month of pregnancy
    When to graduate
    & srsly people are being sensitive toward others
    It have definition like "he give me evil eyes, I give him evil eyes, protect me from his evil eyes" people will ruin our happiness with their evil eyes so Shhhh until it's get proved

What Guys Said 1

• Public or private, that is not important. The important thing is the meaning and the seriousness behind the act.