Would you still marry a person who is well educated, wealthy, great looking, and very caring. However, you don't love them?

• Yes
  • No
Both sides of the parties (yes and no) bring up well backed up points. I have a select few comments that I truly liked. What had me put this question up was I just came out of a relationship that had the factors above. However the relationship didn't end because no love. It was other external factors. what I like to believe if there was love. Maybe the relationship would of stayed together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Define love and the feeling that comes with it. A piece of advice that my grandmother gave me when I was very young was not to marry the man who gives me the butterfly feeling, but to marry the man who makes me feel safe, secure and loved. I never understood why she told me this but having dated over the span of the last ten years I now see what she means. In this day and age, I can see why many women are advising their daughters and granddaughters to follow this advice. Marrying a man who loves you more than you love him idealistically seems like a good idea, but it's no less a disaster than marrying the man you love who doesn't care about you at all. It's a recipe for disaster. Both parties need to provide each other with equal unconditional love in order for the relationship to be a happy union. It's not fair for only one person to be loved while thie other isn't loved at all. Just my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wealth, education, looks... they are nice to have and can be a great deal. What really makes it will be the caring and the love. There is a chinese proverb... Marry the one who loves you, not the one you love.

If you love someone but that person doesn't really love you. Do you believe that you can make it work so he will love you?

From the other side, if you don't really love him but you know his love is sincere. Is there really a chance for him to change your heart?

What Girls Said 32

• No. If I'll ever get married, it will be to someone I love unconditionally. Marriage without love calls for a disaster. Frankly, I don't see the point.

• I said yes because of a simple reason: you asked 'you don't love them'.

Thing is, if a person is caring and amazing on paper, you should give them a chance because you can always love them after you got to know them more. Think about what happens when you fall in love normally.

You meet someone, you get to know them, you find out they're really caring, and yay! But you don't love them the second you meet them. You spend time with them and the feelings develop naturally.

Think of it like that. At most, if you know they're a nice person and someone you can get along with (even as friends) with similar beliefs and values, you can eventually become friends and then fall in love with them later.

• I'm a hopeless romantic. Give me love. Love is what I need and want. They would find someone who truly loves them.
    It wouldn't be fair to either of us.

• Nope I tired to do that once! It didn't workout at all! I know he was like a "great guy" So I asked him out but it just I couldn't pretend to like someone. I would hate myself and feel trap!

• Would you still marry a person who is well educated, wealthy, great looking, and very caring. However you don't love them?
    A. Yes

I tend to find the most advantageous marriages for gals tend to be the ones where they don't love their partner. In my opinion it gives the gal a higher power of position and it allows her to be more reasonable and logical about the interaction rather than be easily manipulated and controlled by the male.

• Never! I couldn't marry someone I didn't love. I'd rather marry an under educated poor guy who I loved, rather than marry a wealthy well educated guy who I didn't love.

Being well educated and wealthy are not things I look for in a potential soulmate. Being caring is essential though

• No I wouldn't. A marriage without love is doomed to fail and wouldn't make me happy.

I have a girlfriend who's in a relationship with a man who has a good situation. He's in his early 30's, well educated, pretty handsome, makes good money, travel a lot.
    Well, she think she loves him (I personally think she like the idea of him and what he represents). He openly told her he doesn't love her and she's too blind to leave. She's unhappy, often call me in tears.

• I would never marry someone whom I didn't love just because they had money, spend the rest of my life buying meaningless useless crap to try make myself feel better about how depressed my life will become because I "married fo' the money"
    I would rather be average income, renting an average place being a frugal spender and thrift shopping up a storm with my best friend and we can save up and go on amazing meaningful adventures and be so in love that it doesn't matter what you have because you have the only thing you'll ever need in life right there. That's who i'll be marrying ladies and gentleman... I'll let you know when I find him lol

• Totally. In the type of world we live in, finding someone who's very caring towards you is HARD. Love can fade over time... I think a partner like that for the long-term would be great.

• And I think I'd be good 4 him too. Whether I had the same income or not, I'd be honest about why I was dating him, and about money being important. I don't think I'd lie to him. but I bet most people would... and I'd sign a prenup too.

• Only if I'm desperate and 35+ Old with no other option, at least I would have a family and kids, and I will learn to love him with the years.

• No... If I'm gonna get married with a person it means for the rest of my life... i don't think I can do that if there's no love at all! Or at least If I don't even, like him..

• I'm not marrying somebody that I don't love. Idc how good they look, how wealthy they are, how many degrees they have, none of that is more important than an actual connection.

• I'd rather live in terrible conditions and being with someone I truly love than with someone who's got it all, but I dislike.

• What if he doesn't love you back tho? And the one you dislike is the only one who would crawl a mile for you?

• @TokinGas I'd rather be alone and be happy on my own then.

• No.. love is necessary

• Nope, if I ever marry someone I need to love the dude or dudette

• I rather marry someone who is poor , uneducated , and not wealthy but love them enough emotionally that i would give my all to help them learn more. Love is priceless and thats something you can't buy no matter what someone has.

• No i have to love the person. Love is only Magic that we need. The rest is temporary.

• No, I wouldn't

• Yes i would.

• Possibly. Love doesn't always mean happiness.

• Marrying someone you don't love couldn't make less sense to me.

• Woah that makes no sense... love has to be there for me to marry them

• Why would I marry someone I didn't love.

• Love is a requirement. Without it, you'd be miserable.

• Hell no.

• No, I wanna be madly in love with the person I marry

• nope, never marry someone for what they have over who they are and whether you love them

• you can't marry someone you dont love

• I am all of them so I won't mind marrying him since I won't have reason for gold digging.

• I am still uncertain if I want to get married. So the only thing that would make me marry the guy is if I really truly loved him. Based on your description, the guys sounds great so I don't see why I wouldn't love him.

I voted no.

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 20

• Hell, no! Marry someone you don't love and you have a lifetime of misery ahead of you.

• Nah, none of those other criteria matter if I don't love her.

• If I don't like them... why would I want to live with them and be legally connected to them? That's absurd.

• Depends on what you men by not loving them. If I like them as a friend, yes. Happiness in marriage usually is not dependent on the level of romantic attraction a few years into the marriage. However, if I did not like the person as a friend either, I would not marry them.

• Only if I'm after their money. If I don't love someone then there's probably only one thing I'm marrying them for

• There would have to be love in there for me.

• Love should be the foundation of every marriage, otherwise it will fail. At a point the wealth, the good looks, education, will mean nothing. But love can stand the test of time.

• I would not.
    As for women, I know many that would. Some people just have the mind set of "this is the best I can do and I guess he's good enough, because xyz".

• no. i'll just find a girl who has all those thing and that i do love.

• No, marrying such a person are years of your life gone, wasted

• No, there has to be love involved for me, otherwise it wouls be a pretty miserable partnership.

• No, I don't love them and would not marry them

• Nope

• That sounds like a quick ticket to divorce

• love is build

• It won't last if you dont truly love them and dont know for sure they are the one. You should never date someone for all those things you listed. You will only be happy when you find someone that truly loves you and you truly love no matter if they are dumb or not the best looking. You will know when you meet the right one if you have doubts of love, its not meant to be.

• Love is not the romantic idea Hollywood would have us believe. Love is simply a sacrifice for another person. Marriage is a partnership between two people. If you aren't entering into marriage as a contract then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. This is why gender roles were enforced for so long. If you don't need the other person as a partner, then the marriage will break apart no matter how "in love" you thought you were when you got married.

• Yes @udolipixie really is a disgusting human being isn't she.

• If I get sex, money, and a nice person to talk to all the time then I dont need love. Love is just an abstract feeling. Money, sex, and a nice person to talk to is tangible and they all lead to positive abstract feelings.