When do you marry your other half?

Six weeks ago, my father met a woman.

Four weeks ago, my father made the woman his girlfriend.

Two weeks ago, he moved in with her and her twelve year old daughter.

Almost a week ago, they got engaged.

Too soon? I think so.

Most Helpful Girl

• That does seem very fast to me.

But if it's his second marriage it's different.

I've noticed that if you've been married and divorced you tend to fast track the next relationship. You know what you want and you don't bs the dating period. My friend's mom was divorced and she met and married a guy within 10 weeks so I mean... you move faster the second time around.

What Guys Said 7

• Most experts advise waiting AT LEAST 1 year before getting engaged to truly be able to get to know each other. It also takes on average 6 months for the honeymoon phase to end so it could be a huge shock whenever those emotions fade away for them. Granted the older you get the more you know what you are truly looking for in a lover and a wife so it is statistically more likely to last getting engaged so quick that if they did in the same amount of time a lot younger. However it still does sound like both of them were feeling a bit desperate to get married/re-married.

• Yea too soon. Seem like he is rushing to be committed to her. I understand he really want to be with her but, I think it's best to take your time because when you first meet someone. It mostly start exciting because everything is new and te chemistry of love is there. So thats why it's best to wait to really see who the person are so you won't make the wrong decision from rushing things.

• Six weeks? Fuck

• Different strokes for different folks

• I am never going to marry.

• There's no "right time" to get married. Everyone is different.

Rather than being upset that he's getting married... how about trying to be happy that he's found someone he loves? Don't you want him to be happy?

• Umm... I'm not upset about it. In fact, I think she's way too good for him.

• My parents married after knowing each other 6 weeks. For their honeymoon they traveled to New Hampshire for a couple of days then moved down to South Carolina. They've been married for 52 years now.

There's no time frame that's right.

• marriage should happen before moving in

What Girls Said 9

• Jesus christ! Wayyy too soon!!!

I got together with my boyfriend 6 months after knowing him. Moved in with him (semi) 3 months later. He just moved into my house 2 months ago and we've been living together "full time". We've been together a year and 8 months now.

I think 2 years is a reasonable time - you know that person properly, all their good and bad habits. 1 month is ridiculous.

• Yes it seems very fast, especially blending families

• Wow, that's fast! What do you think of the woman and her daughter?

• Yes, that is very quickly, but realistically there is no set time to marry someone. It all depends on how the couple feels. I was with my husband for a year, then we married and will be going on our second year of marriage next January.

• Depends on the man and the women, their views etc.

• Definitely too soon.

• Umm it seems fast but I guess they are older so it isn't that unusual. i guess they will be having a long engagement? maybe. Shrug. I guess you just have to trust they know what is good for them and hope for the best.

• At least after 5 years if you are younger then 25

• I think hesr known her for much longer

Just didn't tell you about her until 6 weeks ago