Girls, Ladies how would you like to be proposed to?

Ok ladies, I was just curious. How would you personally like to be proposed to for marriage by the guy that you're in love with? In public, around friends and family only, or in private (just you and him) or all of the above is fine. I just want different opinions and the reasons why with an explanation... that is all.

• Public
    8% (8)
  • Private (just you and him)
    67% (71)
  • Around friends and family
    7% (7)
  • Dosent matter
    18% (20)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd prefer just me and him

What Girls Said 22

• Definitely just with the two of us. I'm pretty shy and I don't handle pressure well or being the centre of attention, so I definitely don't want this big public display. I'd feel kinda pressured into saying yes and I want to say yes because I 100% mean it, y'know? Not because I'd feel bad about how it'd look if I said no. If he really, really wanted someone there, maybe a few friends or family would be okay but really, I'd prefer it was just the two of us and no on was watching so I'd be able to react the way I feel naturally.

• I would like a simple proposal, a typical night, doing typical things

"Hey I love you, YOu love me, we've been together for awhile, lets just get married" For some reason this is more comforting than someone putting the energy in winning and showing me this grand gesture of love to get me to marry them.

• I would rather around family, friends are optional since I don't have many. I would want them to know of the big moment after all!

• id like it in private. it's a nice romantic moment id like to share just with him :)

• It would have to be private. Some girls would find public romantic, but I would find it humiliating and embarrassing. Especially if I didn't like the guy that way and I wouldn't be able to say no. And in front of my family... thats just weird and awkward to me

• I voted for private, just him and I, and I'd love it if he said a few genuine words inspired by his love for me and our love for each other :)

I just don't want it to feel like he did it for show. But I know he's not that type.

Keep in mind that some public places can be private too :) won't mind public proposal if it was private enough and a sweet secluded moment. I'd love it if it was during a walk on the beach, or our favorite park near the lake or ocean. I just want to feel that he's doing it for me, for us. <3

• I'd love to be proposed to while in public. I want the proposal to be huge and public and romantic.
    But I want to get married in Ireland with just close friends and family.

• I would rather it be alone, but I wouldn't mind it being in front of close friends and family. Maybe at dinner, outside somewhere, a place that means something to both of us. But I would never want them to propose on a TV show, at a football game, or anything where hundreds of strangers are staring at me.

• Great question! Probably just the two of us, something corny and personal. There's no need for all my friends and family to be there - that's what the wedding is for. They can still be excited for me when they find out.

• I'm a private person, so if it ever happened I'd want it to be done in private.

• I don't want an audience. That's super awkward.

• I would want it to be private. That way in case I hafta reject him I won't embarrass him. But on the positive side I'd be able to tell everyone the whole story, not having to worry about gossips :P Plus I'll be able to celebrate immediately ;) lol

• Private, just the two of us :D

• Doesn't matter, as long as it's personal and well planned. It would be nice to be among people though, so that someone films it :P

• Something private and romantic.

• Either private or a really quiet restaurant. I don't feel the need to share intimate moments with strangers

• I would hate to be proposed to in public! Why make it a show? What if I say no?

• I want it to be private or around a few friends.

• Private for sure, I find it more romantic

• It doesn't matter as long as it was cute and creative.

• Private i dont want to be pressured by my parents

• I don't like being center of attention of not prepared for it.. do yeah. Just us.