Should I ask her parents about proposing to her before I actually do it? How do I ask them?

Her parents are divorced, she is really close to her mom, her biological dad is around too. Should i ask her dad about this too? or should i only ask her mom? she does have a stepdad should i include him into this? i feel like he wouldn't care. They all like me very much. I like them too!

i feel like i should ask her mom and step dad but how? should i just be like "i love your daughter and want to marry her and i want to propose to her soon". i am going to buy the ring soon and i was thinking i should show them the ring and then i should ask them and they can put two and two together.

Most Helpful Girl

• She has three parents. Step or biological, it doesn't matter. They are all helping raise her. (Parents never stop raising their kids)

But if you want to, sit all three of them down somewhere and ask for their blessings. Just say:

"Hey, thanks for coming. I love (her name) very much and I would like to know if I have all your blessings to ask her hand?"

It's very formal and cliche, but at least they will see this as a sign of respect. That will win you bigger points. Then, go buy the ring and show them if you want and then when you are ready and have the perfect moment, pop the question.

Cheesy and old school but hope it helps you. Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should ask all of them for their suggestions, nothing wrong with that and the good thing is things are going well for you.

What Girls Said 2

• Remember that if you are asking for "permission" you need to know they might say no. If they say no and you still propose it will be the start to a bad relationship with them. Lots of tension. If you are absolutely sure they are going to say yes then go for it but you have to know if you are asking it could be a no. If your girlfriend wants you to ask then ask.

• I think its really sweet that you're thinking of doing this. I think it would be nice to ask all 3 of them if you want. You can show them the ring if you want, but I don't believe it's necessary. How old are you? How long have you and your girlfriend been dating?

• I am 20 and she is 20. We have been dating for 9 months. And I am planning on proposing sometime in March! We love each other. And we are planning to move in together in April.

What Guys Said 1

• i think u shud take the consent of girl first of all.