Is there an act of love that is more intense and intimate than sex?

Please don't tell me raising a child together. Doesn't work for me. Other suggestions please. (:

Most Helpful Girl

• I think sex is a great way to kind of... bring together the emotional/lust-filled side of love together into one act.

Is it the most intense? The most intimate? Not quite. It may feel like it at the moment, but in my experience, there are several things that feel more intimate and more intense. The most intimate moments between my boyfriend and myself were the times we (okay, mostly me, but still...) broke down, and he was there to support me and pick me back up. Whether it was after a nasty wipeout while biking and he bandaged me up, looked after my wounds, brought me a cup of tea and muffin followed by some cuddles and lending his shoulder to cry on. Or when I had to lay down my pride and tell him why I wasn't happy with how things were going, and he was fully understanding/empathetic about it.

Intense? There are different types of intensity. Sure, sex may be the most passion-filled expression of love. But I never feel more intensely in love with him after an evening of cuddling, cooking something together, etc.. The moments when just looking at him make me feel all giddy and like the luckiest girl in the world. :)

What Girls Said 5

• When we shower together. It's not a sex thing, it's just 10 minutes where the rest of the world gets shut out and it's just him and me. I feel closer to him and more intimate than at any other time when we're together. It's about cuddling and communicating and reconnecting with each other.

• Sacrifice?

• Yes. Writing me a check

• the intensity of an act can only be atributed to how much importance people give to it

therefore, there certainly can exist acts of love more intense than sex

It would depend

• No I dont think so

What Guys Said 13

• A conversation, when really flowing passionately can transcend sex. When understanding clearly passes between people, when an idea is completely digested because the delivery was so immaculate (the tone, the gestures, the dialogue, the feelings all expertly contribute and explain the message a person is sharing with you). This is something that nourishes the soul.

• Just moments when you two are really close, a calm after the storm -- sitting together on a rocking chair, looking out and kind of reading each other, this sort of thing. I'm not sure I would call that 'more intimate", but it's a different kind of intimacy -- those times when you feel like you can share anything in the world.

• Though I'm not sure I'd call that intense. Maybe fighting is some kind of intimacy that's intense.

• There's something very special about them being the *one* person who you can share anything and everything with. Your pains, your struggles, your deepest, darkest secrets.

This is especially meaningful when the cards are down and life gets momentarily shitty. Being able to lean on them is incredibly intense and intimate in its own way.

• I am sure there is, but I have no idea what that is!

• Yeah, that's why I asked. Intuitively I've this hunch that sex ain't the peak of profund intimate love. I still believe that out there, be it in our dimension or another, is an act that is much greater in expressing immense connection and affection.

• Yes, Foreplay..

• Saving someones life :/

• i just made a post about this a few days ago. girls got mad and disagreed with me. but no, there isn't. sex is the single most intimate thing you can do with another person. when you have sex you're not only connected physically but mentally too. the most unfathomable thing in this life, making a child, is made by having sex so how can it not be the most intimate thing in existence?

• Spending the mot romantic day possible, then sacrificing her worthless life to the dark lord

Nothing can beat that

In all seriousness though, I have no idea

• Ever Benched 225 for over 10 son?

• I guess gift giving and going out on dates.

• Not really, no.

• Massages with nothing but teasing and tension building. Blind folded. Dim lights. Warm oil.

• Raising a child is a more intense act of love. Parental love.

But it's not a more intense shared experience with your partner.