Her husband won't let us be friends?

I have a female bff from college and we hung out with her a lot. I was away from her for 2 years post graduation (grad school and travelling). after finishing, I found out that she got married. Her husband is a rich man who's nice, and lets her hang with her FEMALE friends. but, he got mad when he learned about me. Her exes were nice and willing to let us hang out. My exes were too, but he won't let us hang out. I am single, but have no feelings towards my bff. what do I do?

we breifly dated and had sex in college

my exes let me hang out with my exes, and her exes let us hang out. and even with her other exes.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing that you can do.
    It's up to her at this point because hanging out with you would be jeopardizing her marriage.
    If her husband isn't okay with her having male company, and she chooses to disrespect his wishes and do it anyway, it will lead her down a path of destruction in her relationship.
    If you care for her as a friend, you should understand this and wish her the best.

I feel like people should be in relationships and be able to hang out with their friends , no matter what gender.
    But if this is the rules in her relationship, you have to respect them, so should she.

If this isn't okay with her, I'd expect her to at least discuss things with her husband. Since she hasn't, this shows where she stands on the whole ordeal. She's allowing her husband to take control of who she has in her life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there is nothing much you can do here, she has to learn to stand up to her husband and tell him she has a right to live her life and to have friends if she wanted to and that he shouldn't try to control her this way, however if she is not doing that then it means she actually has more respect for her husband's wishes rather than her own wishes even if her husband's wishes are unfair to her.

Hence she has to stand up to him , there is nothing you can do. All that you can do is, if her husband is uncomfortable with you, then just understand that and step aside and let her be happy in her life.

What Girls Said 4

• ... Her husband...
    Perhaps being your Other 'My Exes' with 'Exes' were Free and Not hooked as much as to the hip in being 'Married,' it was a horse of another color here, dear.
    Ride on out now and move on from this 'Female bff,' she is Taken and no Mistaken... Her husband is probably not only Rich but very Connected.
    Good luck. xx

• find new friends. I'd have an issue with my husband wanting to hangout with a woman he dated and had sex with in the past too.

• Well I think you should back off if you are a good friend you wouldn't want to ruin or give her difficulties in her marriage

• Then just let go..
    Hang our togethee as group (her, her husband, and you)

What Guys Said 2

• Leave it and move on , iam not really a fan of girls and guys being close friends especially when they're as old as you , it can get wrong on so many levels also it makes me uncomfortable thats why my advice is to move on and find male friends it will never work out , he is her husband and he doesn't want you to see her there is nothing you can do about it accept that fact my friend and move on... also you said you had sex , therefore it gets even messier , so trust me you dont need this drama in your life.

• good for hiim.