Do you agree this is generally how marriage/divorce goes these days?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Wish, bitter much? Let me talk you through my marriage:
    Yes I wanted to get married but I didn't pressure him. As for kids it was him pushing me. I didn't want them yet and didn't think we were financially ready. He spent every penny on cannabis and gaming while we (me and kid) had nothing to eat. I left. He kept the house (rental) and kicked us out on the street so he could keep the dog. He lost the house soon after because he lost his job as he'd rather stay home every day and smoke pot than work. He's given me £50 for the kid in 3 years. I paid for the divorce and also "won" full rights to the debts he'd accrued in joint names because he went bankrupt.

He gets the kid every other weekend (and I do all the transporting) and the kid thinks he's great because I'd never shatter her ideal hero father for her. He can do that himself. Oh, and I always earned more than him, worked more hours than him and still kept house. When I left he kept our friends and I was the one starting again with nothing.

If that's your idea of marriage you're a bit pathetic. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but I'd never rob our kid of her father, even if he is a waste of space. He left me with nothing but debts and I clawed my way back up and kept my self respect. We're both seeing other people now. I started dating first - 18 months after the split!

Grow a pair.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe, but if you don't want to risk it, then it's simple:

Just Quit Entirely and give up on Marriage and having Children altogether

Because it just is not for Everyone on this Planet and not a Guarantee of Happiness or Success or whatever that you thought it would bring you such as fulfillment.

If I were that guy in the pictures I probably would have had a vasectomy ahead of time or something. It's still easier to pull through and recover when a marriage results in complete failure and ends up so terrible that there is no additional burden of needing to pay child support that you can't even afford to pay.

It's not a mandatory to have a family and kids of your own. So why give in to those thoughts and feelings and pressure from everybody else and society?

Why even give a fuck what the rest of them think about you for still being single?

They give you all this pressure and shit and it may also be the fact that some of these people are in really miserable situations with their relationships, their marriages and their kids.

Which however, if you are still single (and absolutely do not have any kids), then you are free from all that drama and shit, and should be grateful about it. Sure it may get lonely sometimes, but I think that those situations depicted would be much worse in reality in the end.

They try to put us singles down to make themselves feel good, well I say fuck 'em! We singles do not have to conform and we will be strong and stubborn enough to never give in and follow and then suffer through all the shit that they might have to suffer through.

What Girls Said 4

• This is seriously fucked up. If think is how you think life and relationships work, you need counseling

• I love how all the women put no... 😂

• Just with trashy people, people with class and from higher economic status don't do that.

• No, I haven't witnessed this. Not saying it doesn't happen ever, but I haven't seen it happen with the people I know in my life.

What Guys Said 9

• Notice, in every situation the woman has "needs" and she is ALWAYS the victim where conflict exists.

This happens all the time. Women are victims, men are rapists and pigs. I challenge anyone to make this observation in their daily lives. Look at the tactics many women resort to when it's time to pay their fair end of the bargain.

I'm not talking about people thriving in material and social abundance. Anyone can be a happy clam when life is paid for. When adversity strikes, you see victim-hood tactics and frankly it's sickening.

• I think its the concept of female hypoagency and male hyperagency

Women are seen as objects that are acted upon, so if their life sucks its because they are victims of circumstance or male oppression.

Men are seen as actors in their life and are responsible for everything. If their life sucks people will assume its a result of his own actions or that he did something to deserve it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUzaPn_UEAAK4MQ.jpg

• That's true but I was referring to the smug manner in which the cat expresses her opinion.

• @Bandit74

Sure, confidence in ignorance.

• At it's core its true. I mean it does ignore many of women's contributions to the marriage, but the core of it is correct. Men are pressured into marriage by their SO's, women initiate like 70% of divorces, and divorce/family courts are the paragon of misandry.
    Both genders cheat at about the same rate and in reality it could be either gender followed by several "revenge affairs" and both parties "trying to make it work" for a few years before she goes ahead and collects her winnings *cough* *cough* I mean files for divorce.

• It is clearly a mess today. A good friend on mine found his wife cheating with another woman while he was at work and she di what she wanted. She has a Masters degree and he a Bachelors. He had to give up the house, kids and pay child support and alimony. She foght him for one of the three days every two weeks that he got with the kids and tried to get more money at the same time. She slept with her friend at the house and the woman stayed over a lot even though he should have had the ability to stop alimony, mthey basically lied and said she didn't live there at all. She eventually turned the kids cold to him. He is a really great guy but got totally screwed. One tactic guys are taking today is to marry a woman who has equal income so he downt lose his shirt in a divorce. He will still lose, but not as much and he still loses the kids though. All she has to do is change her mind, scary really.

• It might be a bit of an extreme example but I do think there's a lot of truth to it.

Also the poll results are funny as always :D

• The cynic in me wants to say thats how it is but I think it depends on the chick you marry. Some actually take "til death do us part" seriously.

• This is pretty much every guy except for the lucky 5% that actually found quality women.

And they wonder why we don't wanna get married...

• Lol girls denying so much shit. this happened to so many of my friends and family... straight up... these girls are delusional. Accountability fuckin sucks doesn't it?

• The only way to win is to not play :D

• Hahaha! thats exactly how it is!