Do you ever get pressured for marriage when approaching 30?

When you over 25 but not yet 30, do you ever get pressured from society or even your friends/family to settle down with someone? Would you rather be single and happy or unhappy but have a partner cuz you don't end up finding the right one?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have decided to remain single till death.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got married really young and regretted it almost instantly. Now I'm divorced and you can bet I'm not about to rush into marriage again.

What Guys Said 10

• Nah my parents and friends don't really talk about it. I think they know that I don't need to be in a relationship or married to be happy. They would support me if it did happen.

• I know girls who have dated and even married because they just thought they would rather be with a jackass then be alone. Of coarse i have no right to judge them but thats a shitty way to live life. I would never date soneobe just so i can be with soneone, but oh well. Everyone has a right to live their life how they want for better or worse. I suggest you do want YOU want to do and fuck what society or what other people think.

• Im looking at these other responces and i can say with a lot of cobfidense that i deserve mho.

• Well, look at it this way. Your options start to diminish when you hit 30+. So if you aren't finding the guy now, why would you find him in your 30's with less power/options?

• It's funny, I've never gotten a single "hey pal, when are ya gonna settle down?" from *anyone*. Not ever.

Do I feel any pressure? No, not in the slightest. I'd ideally like to have kids in the next several years, or at least be on the path toward that, but I feel zero immediate pressure.

• I get asked when I'm getting married sometimes, it doesn't bother me. Other people can't put pressure on you unless you let them.

• Life is full of pressure, but its up to you to let people choose your destiny. I dont rush nothing when has it ever worked out. patience

• At the moment I'm just asked where's my girlfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if I was constantly asked when I'd settle down with someone after 25.

• I'm already being pressured right now... LOL. My family is kind of pushing it with me about marriage.

• I'd have to get married by 24 otherwise I'd be too old!

• i do. i m sure its worse for women lol

• Totally true. Women have it a lot worse. The older the women, the harder for her to conceive. lol

• yes. and often, 20 something yr olds have no problem marrying 35 yr olds and even 40 if they have money and willin to spend lol aka romance

What Girls Said 6

• Lol I've been getting the marriage question since I was 18. My hometown is in this bubble where apparently the average age of getting married is 17-21. So at 22 and having decided to go to college instead, I'm an old maid haha

• Yikes! That's an early age range to get married. Your not an old maid. Lots of girls get married in the early thirties nowadays. :) by the way which hometown are you from?

• One in the midwest lol

• lol, my mother use to tell me I needed to settle down a decade ago. which is extra of because I wasn't even dating anyone at the time. luckily, she's given up on bothering me about it.

• It started at the age of 18 lol!!! 😭😂

• Lol, I know my mom will never pressure because she knows I will say yes whenever she mentions it.

• I'm 23 and people won't stop asking little do they know I've been engaged a year.

• Funny. I got pressured by my aunts until I was 25 lol After that no mention of it anymore.