What is the deal?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little more than 4 years. Last year for the first time he said he will propose to me but once he is done with school. He now has about a year and a half left of school, and he won't say a word about marrying me. We've had our ups and downs this past year so I'm a little bit nervous because whenever I bring it up he won't talk about it at all and I'm beginning to have a bit of doubts since he's almost done with school and hasn't mentioned anything.

What's the deal with him not talking about marrying me? He brought it up one time and it's like the forbidden topic now.

Most Helpful Guy

• He said when he finished school. He hasn't finished school yet. Not even close.

Stop worrying you soggy sack of hormones and feelings. He's probably planning something and doesn't want to give the game away by talking about it. I mean, if you had a year and a half to plan a proposal, it's be a cool proposal, right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps he realizes that things do happen and he doesn't want to jinx it by talking about it, I think you should leave it because you're not engaged yet, and it may be a lot of pressure on him at the moment, when he's done school if you MUST then say something, thats the thing he probably thinks about it and mentioned it once, he probably wouldn't have mentioned it that one time if he knew it was going to be brought up a few times when he hasn't been done school yet. Be patient :)

What Guys Said 1

• I think you need not be worried, it's just that he might be wanting to do it at the right time and so he might be planning for that, he will let you know when he believes it's right.

What Girls Said 2

• Your 23... That's means 4 years isn't very long for you at all. He already told you after he graduates. If you keep annoying him to propose he will feel forced and will probably regret it. I would say at least 2 more years.

• He said what he needed to say on it already. You can't expect him to just continually bring it up if all he's going to do is repeat himself. He's focusing on school first.