I'm going to marry this summer. Veil or no veil?

I always dreamed and fantasied about my weeding since i was a little. Now it's going to happen! I can't wait :)

Wearing a veil was always on my plans, but my friends and family don't agree. A few say that's very old-fashion and im not a virgin so i don't need it. Others say that idea is so stupid it will take off the beauty of the dress lol

Now they just made me wonder if i really want to wear a veil or no... im undecided

what you think? I need some more opinions.
And girls, would you want to marry with a veil covering your face? Or if you're already married, did you wear it?

Im going to marry this summer. Veil or no veil?

• Yes veil
  • No veil
My dress is with long lace sleeves and big tail, very traditional too

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing about a wedding dress, currently or historically that has anything to do with virginity.

Nothing...
    Zip...
    Nada...

Most of the structure and form of the modern wedding is a historic recreation of the wedding between Queen Victoria and Prince Albert nearly 2 centuries ago.

The white fabric was chosen because it was expensive to make and to care for as befits a person of royal birth. Modern manufacturing technology and chemistry have put these extravagances within the reach of common people.

These same people then over-interpret the meaning of the dress, it's color and the veil.

What people think the dress means:
    "I'm a pure virgin presenting myself for my deflowering to my new husband on the day of my wedding."

What the dress really means:
    "Hey! We're rich too!"

In closing, it's your day, wear whatever you damn well want. Everyone else can STFU.

Have a lovely wedding,
    and an awesome marriage.

(That last part is the important part, remember that.)

http://time.com/3698249/white-weddings/

• Didn't know that, it makes sense. Thank you :)

• The fact that it is a common held fallacy is in itself something that historically and currently has to do with virginity. Was not trying to say it DID mean virginity, just that it has been held that way in tradition.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to be with no veil because to me the veil is not that important. What's important is the dress. Most bridal dresses are already extravagant ( in a good way), so I don't feel adding a big accessory, aka: the veil. In the other hand, I don't mind wearing the veil if it fits nicely, doesn't mess up my hairstyle, and doesn't distract away the beauty of my dress. When we think of a bride, we usually imagine her with a white dress and veil 👰 , it's a classic. If you're more into that classical, traditional, old fashioned look, then go for the veil. That's just my opinion, at the end go for whatever look you want. By the way, congratulations for your wedding.

What Guys Said 10

• I've been to a number of weddings (as well as having one), mostly without the veil, one with the veil, and I must say that I preferred the ones without the veil. It's a wonderful sight to see the bride walking down the aisle, her face glowing. Of course everyone can see your face after, but I really think there's something more memorable to going without a veil.

• i mean do what you want but but the veil is kind of old fashioned. all the weddings i've been to of my friends i don't recall any of them wearing veils

• Yes, the veil looks good but yes I guess it's old fashioned, but if you want to wear it then you can.

• If it's what you want to do... do it. It's your wedding, not theirs.

You need to make sure that this wedding is for you. One of the things that I insisted on in my wedding was personally seating the mothers. I wanted the honor of escorting my mom and her mom to their seats rather than our usher. It was important to me, so we did it.

• Veil looks cute. Who cares if it is old fashioned its your wedding isn't it bruh?

• Voted A, because you said you wanted one. What your friends and family say about it is none of your concern. I personally find it a bit old-fashioned, but then again, I find everything about weddings old-fashioned — if you want a veil, wear one.

• It's 2016, no veil

• do it right.

• Veils have nothing to do with virginity. It is simply a tradition. It is your wedding so do whatever in the hell you want to do and tell everyone else to bite it.

• You come down the aisle with a veil. When you reach the front, your father lifts your veil, kisses you and smiles, and sits down, and you turn to your about-to-be-husband and the officiant.

That's what was done at mine.

• so beautiful, i want my wedding to be just like that :) thanks :)

• If this is what you want yours to be like, then this is what it should be!

What Girls Said 15

• Do what you want! I regret listening to the opinions of others in regards to my wedding. It's yours and it only happens once. I'm sure you'll be beautiful either way.

• I think you should wear whatever you want.
    If you want to be a little more modern wear a shorter veil. :)

Congratulations on your wedding btw! :)

• If you have a traditional looking dress then, yes I think you should wear a vial too. It will suit the design more.

• I don't like veils. They're like being covered in cellophane.

However, if you're having the wedding outside, the veil will protect you from bugs. Literally the only reason I would consider it.

• Whenever I picture my wedding I picture a big dress with lace sleeves and a veil with a long train, it's YOUR wedding and you only get to do it once, so do what YOU want. It really doesn't matter what other people have done or think, you don't want to regret anything from that day.

• I personally don't like the idea of the veil being g over my face so if I were to wear one it wouldn't be that way. I think you should do what YOU want. It's your wedding.

• Veils are beautiful! It's not even about tradition, I just find they are beautiful and will make me feel like a princess so you should totally wear one so you can feel like a princess too!!!

• Do what you want. It's your day, after all!

• I wouldn't, but if that's what you want, go for it. It's YOUR wedding.
    Congrats!

• Go for the veil! You can always get it off later on in the event.

• I think a veil makes the bride look even more beautiful.

• Veils are stupid.

• oh veil. its nice :)
    and congratulations in advance!

• I had a vail I loved it everyone complimented me on it. Best advice I can give you is do what you want it's your and your fiancés wedding everyone has an opinion. Only yours matters.

• If you are going with traditional then go with the veil