Girls, Do we have to buy an engagement ring?

If your SO were to propose to you, how important is the engagement ring?
Do you expect one? Do you want one? Do you not want one?

I overhead Classmate saying they don't want one and that confused me.

I mean I don't want to get shot...

12

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• In all honesty, when I get proposed to I want a blue feather. A ring can come later for all I care.

• do i expect a ring when the time comes? yes.
    do i expect my man to spend a fortune on it? nope.

the details don't matter; the way i see it, the ring is just nice to have, as a physical symbol of our love for and commitment to each other, and i'll love it as long as it comes from him... and besides, my man is a traditionalist who would get me a ring even if i told him no. lol.

• I would want one but that's ultimately his decision haha

• I want one, but if the boy doesn't have enough money for one I'd be totally fine with him just asking. I just think that having one is more traditional and I love rings in general soooo

• They always want one, and expect it.

• No, the mahr (gift from the groom to the bride) is enough.

• The engagement ring is more important than the wedding band. I won't say yes without the engagement ring

• Yes you have to buy an engagement ring and yes all girls want one even if they say they don't

• WHY WOULD HE PROPOSE WITHOUT A RING IN THE FIRST PLACE?

• Yes!!! Of course. Anyone who says not if he can't afford it. Uhh if he can't afford it he shouldn't be getting engaged. It's more important then a wedding ring. Now days you spend the money on the engagment ring and just add a band for the wedding ring. You don't do 2 rings. No ring Pshhh

• I'm married :D It wasn't important to me because rings are very expensive. I wanted a ring that was anywhere from $100-$300, but i didn't really care. I didn't want him to pay thousands of dollars for my ring. we ended up going to a gem show and i picked out the exact ring i wanted and it was in his budget-over 1500. It worked out great. I love my ring!