I asked earlier about what you'd think if your girlfriend proposed. New question: how would you feel if you proposed and she gave you a ring?

A ring that she had bought in anticipation of getting engaged.

I really like the idea of either both having engagement rings or neither.

• I'd love it!
  • I'd hate it!
  • I'd be indifferent
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Wouldn't matter to me. I don't have some mental complex that would make me feel emasculated if the girl did this. At most, other people might judge me like I was a chicken or not manly or something, assuming they found out, but still I wouldn't really care.

That said, don't do this just because he seems hesitant to marry you and it's your way of forcing his hand. Don't do this to manipulate. The two should both be open to the idea before you propose.

• I can see how it might have come off as me rushing him or manipulating him but I promise you that is not that case. Marriage is something we have discussed for our future and is in the long term plan. I wouldn't do it until after we've already bought our house together in both our names.

Most Helpful Girl

• Good idea, at the end marriage is sharing a life not a money challenge.

What Guys Said 11

• i would accept it, I'm not a ring guy though.

is no ring an option? Love should be enough right.

• like a bitch

• WHO IS SHE?

3rd person shit is retarded.

• I'm guessing she's saying yes. Right?

• I wish that happened with me, if, i'm into marriege in that time.

• I wouldn't at all, but how does this would even happen/work out anyways? lol

• It all depends if it has a gear shape or as a large brass knuckles.

• Indifferent, I don't see a point in rings or marriage.

• Flattered

• I wouldn't have really liked it (i'm male).

She knew when i was going to ask her, but i sort of liked playing my part in the tradition, and she hers.

• It better be worth at least 3mts salary.

• Um. No.

To clarify, I do not want a ring that expensive for myself and would actually be annoyed if he spent that much on one, as I have expressly saif I don't want something worth thousands of dollars on the finger lol

• I have one friend who got engaged and they decided to forego the ring and until the wedding invites started going out no one would fully believe they were actually engaged. It was incredibly frustrating for both of them and made him feel like shit because he felt like everyone was judging him for not buying a ring even though it was her who didn't want one.

• Poor guy.

What Girls Said 1