Do you want to have a destination wedding? Why or why not? And what destination would you choose?

I am leaning more and more toward one because my family all lives on the other side of the country so they'd be traveling anyways and I just went to one and it was awesome.

Elaborate on your poll choices in the comments.

• Caribbean
  • Mexico / Latin America
  • Europe
  • Another state or province in Canada/USA
  • Asia
  • Australia / New Zealand
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok all your family has to travel anyway... but what about your friends? Are any of them coming to the wedding? Are you making them pay their own way to whatever destination you pick?

• Most of our friends and his family are here.

Yes, with destination weddings guests pay their own way.

What I like about it is that you know the only people coming are the ones who really want to be there.

• Again, I used to think that too.. but as long as the couple is understanding that some people might not make it then it's OK. I had one friend from back home who got mad at me because I couldn't attend his destination wedding when I was in the middle of putting myself through university. That was a dick move.

It's their choice if they want to come or not. And this is an easy way to cut down the guest list to only those who really want to be there. Like, on my bf's side of the family he's pretty sure his aunts and uncles, who he's not close with, would be upset if they didn't get invited and would want to bring their kids and etc., but guaranteed they wouldn't bother flying the whole gang out to the Caribbean to be there..

• So long as you're understanding... yeah I think that's fine. Also maybe when you get home throw a reception so all the people who couldn't make it to the wedding could still celebrate with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm getting married in st Lucia 😀 Destination wedding

What Guys Said 2

• No, I don't.

• Somewhere in the mountains, after a 10 mile hike. Only the ones that really care about you will show up. No sheep, only goats.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it would be fun but I think most of my family wouldn't end up coming. I'd love some kind of beautiful beach wedding, maybe the Caribbean or Virgin Islands or something. ☺️

• Nope, don't want a destination wedding.

• I have 3 friends who have had destination weddings & only 3 people came to their wedding. I personally think it's rude to expect people to pay so much money on plane tickets/hotels for a wedding that last 4 hours. So that's something to prepare for.

• I want to get married in Ireland

• I want to marry where I live

• well, i choose Europe because i live here