Do you think that it is a bit much that a girl says she would want to know someone for at least 5 years before a marriage proposal?

I think that's a long time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I might not be the right person but that to mee is a looooong time. I have been with my husband for 4 years now. He proposed after 4 months.

• how old are you? Why secretive?

• I'm 24
      I don't know just how I like it lol

• whyss?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me it's not so wise to base this on time, but financial security, whether you two want to move in a home together, want to raise kids, don't mind no longer socializing as much (or at least leaving very early before all the other single people), etc.

5 years is quite long unless she intends to have a minimum number of boyfriends or has no plan to ever have kids, since her body is unlikely to bear children after a certain age.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on age honestly

• No girl like short times I guess 1 year is possible

What Guys Said 2

• Five (5) years is actually a short time to be honest I think they should wait at least 10 years before getting married.

• Honestly, 5 years is good for me, but even then, only if I'm really ready

My girlfriend talked about getting married after 6 months. I said hell no for a bunch of reasons